Sept 1- 15th Meeting plans?

iVillage Member
Sept 1- 15th Meeting plans?
Wed, 09-02-2009 - 2:53pm

How are you kicking off the year?

Our Pack is having a Swim Party on the 13.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-03-2009 - 9:46am

We has a welcome back picnic at a local park (pack provided hot dogs, drink, plates\napkins\plasticware

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-03-2009 - 7:31pm

I am very impressed you had such a huge turn-out at your picnic :)

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sat, 09-05-2009 - 11:26am

We had a Junior GS meeting on the 2nd for the girls working on the religious award... finished another big requirement and some things girls missed over the summer. Only 2 more things to go and one of them is a Fun with Friends Party that they are planning... we choose to do that one last to celebrate all the hard work they've done.

We have a Junior GS meeting next Wednesday for all troop members. We are going to finish up a few requirements that need done to earn the badges we did at our camping trip the end of Aug. (And that was a big success! 29 people for 2 nights- swimming, canoeing, campfire cooking, hiking, night activities, and almost no rain- just one big downpour after we finished cleaning up from our campfire breakfast on Saturday but that was over in 30 minutes!) We are also going to plan an awards ceremony (small) so we can award everything earned over the summer.

Cub Scouts- our bear den meets on the 14th (a week later than normal due to Labor Day weekend and many families going away). I just got together with the leader yesterday and we planned from now till December with a basic outline of what we want to accomplish. That will help the parents to know what not to do with their scout at home for requirements. We will start with the large group games and then onto the activities that take 2 kids to do at the next meeting. In October, we are moving onto Native Americans in anticipation of an Indian coming to our pack meeting.

The Pack meeting for Sept. is the 15th. I'm not in charge of that, but it sounds pretty bland. We are going to start a star chart kind of thing for a contest between dens (based on percentages at the end) of kids who wear their uniform shirts, buttoned, tucked in, and neckerchiefs on. The have looked very sloppy in the past, except for our den because we were very direct about what we expected of them. Hopefully this will encourage all the den leaders to follow our den's lead and all the boys will be looking good this year!

-Jen

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-10-2009 - 3:19pm

My 8th grade girl scout troop - working on our silver award so at the first meeting tomorrow night we will elect officers, start the 4 bs, brainstorm on activites, and other misc. paperwork stuff.

I am fighting a cold so I hope my co-leader is more ready than I am!

iVillage Member
Sat, 09-12-2009 - 1:43pm
I will have my first troop meeting this coming Saturday. Last Saturday was the parent meeting. This is my first year of being a Daisy Troop leader!!

Dr. of Anesthesiology

iVillage Member
Sat, 09-12-2009 - 8:25pm
I hope it is a fun meeting for you and the girls:)

greensiggy-1.jpg picture by my2boys

cubscoutlogo2.jpg picture by my2boys

Come join me at Scouting, Guiding, and 4-H.

Photobucket

Are you from the Midwest?

Join us at Northern and Midwest Friends.

1st, 2nd & 3rd grade board

Photobucket

Photobucket