October 1-15th Scout Plans?

iVillage Member
October 1-15th Scout Plans?
Thu, 10-01-2009 - 11:59am

What's going on the first half of the month?

I mailed out the monthly newsletter today.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-02-2009 - 1:18pm

Girl Scouts:
The Fall Magazine and nut sale starts Oct 9th

Troop meeting on the 5th, we'll do the fall sale stuff and I was hoping for the Fetch with Ruff Ruffman council box program but it doesn't look like the person who has it will return it in time. We'll probably write the postcards for the exchange. I have a foreign exchange student coming from Germany and possibly one from Switzerland so I'll talk a bit on behavior too.

Cub Scouts:
Have a Den meeting on the 6th, here's hoping it goes better than the first.

Popcorn is going strong for him. He has almost half his goal met. $400 and he gets to go to camp. Sales are hard for him though because my DH refuses to take fundraisers to work.

So far that's it,
Liza in WI

iVillage Member
Sun, 10-04-2009 - 9:29am

I've never heard of the Ruff Ruffman program.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sun, 10-04-2009 - 12:35pm

Tomorrow we are Working on one of the signs for Juniors, and doing an activity for the badge Looking your best---we are teaching them how to braid hair and then they get to wrap the braid with hair floss.. Girls will love it. We are also going to work on Journeys.

My Photography Gear: Canon Rebel XT with 18-55 kit lens
iVillage Member
Sun, 10-04-2009 - 9:37pm

Monday 3-4 Help new Daisy troop get started, 4:30-6 Bear Cub meeting- play indian games and talk about native american shelters...4 boys leave by 5:20 (including mine) for final cross country practice which is from 5:30-7.

Wednesday- Girl Scouts canceled due to last regular cross country meet of year. The following week is most likely a field trip to the local BP station for the Car Care Badge. Our troop is definately adding another 4th grader and another 5th grader for that meeting, and it looks like I'm jumping into cadettes early since one of the new girls and one of my older girls both have 7th grade sisters who want to be in scouts, but cannot find troops that work. The new one's mom will likely be able to help out most of the time, so I was thinking of having her take the two older ones to help them modify anything we do for juniors to see what kinds of badges they would be able to do for cadettes. If I add them, I'll have two 7th grade cadettes, eight 5th grade juniors, six 4th grade juniors- who would all meet on Wednesdays; and an unknown number (probably 4-5) of 3rd grade brownies who will meet at an unknown time, date, and place- all housed under one troop. We were supposed to start selling nuts/magazines this past Friday, but the adult who does sale stuff our troop hasn't yet been able to hook up with the service unit person who has our packets and stuff. I just do what I can to provide a good program for the girls.

-Jen

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-05-2009 - 9:43am

You rock - I'm impressed you are taking on more girls in an entirely different level.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-05-2009 - 10:10am

The Ruffman program is one from our council. I don't know how many council programs overlap.

Anyway, you all know I am new to the boys side of scouting and while one is not better than the other, they are different. I have to say when I first heard about the camp being $400, I was surprised at how high it was. But bare in mind that the girls don't have an option of free camp from product sales. DS is just over 300 so maybe it isn't so bad after all.

Best wishes, I am off to scrounge up enough stuff to do for tonight's GS meeting.

Liza in WI