Scout plans for the end of October?

iVillage Member
Scout plans for the end of October?
Mon, 10-19-2009 - 10:42am

Are you having a Halloween Celebration?

We had a popcorn booth sale this past weekend.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-21-2009 - 3:13pm

My Girl Scout troop had a meeting and we were supposed to have the guest speakers but they had a conflict. Fortunately, the prior person who rented the Fetch with Ruff Ruffman portable program did return it so I drove out that day and picked it up.

Let me just say this...if you have ever seen the program (better if the girls have too) and can get the box, do it. Even picking it up the same day it was great to have it all set to go and it only took a half hour or for me to feel ready.

It could have been more science focused but my girls had a blast!

We received and read some more postcards. The girls are really getting into it now. They voted on the postcard front they wanted.

I had my leader meeting for Girl Scouts. And because the den changed it's meeting day, my oDS missed his Den meeting. I tried to find someone else to take him but couldn't. Chuckwagon is this Saturday. I am currently in debate with my DH about who is taking him and if I take him, I want to leave the other three at home. I may have to vent later about it.

For Halloween, there is a Pack meeting set for the same time that I am running the Juliette Gordon Low Birthday Party. They overlap by an hour and a half. I am going to have to find someone to take DS. So far I have about 30 girls showing or I would just cancel the party.

Liza in WI

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-21-2009 - 11:46pm

I think I mentioned everything below in other posts...but here's the recap.

GS- Meeting - field trip to BP Station today. Trick or Treat at nursing home Thurs. Friday- stuff bulletins for our church. On 28th, meeting- celebrate Juliette Low's birthday, prepare to teach younger cub and girl scouts Saint Patch for following week.

Cubs- Pack meeting last night. Trick or treat at nursing home thurs. Den meeting Monday- learning to use a knife safely... a dad is teaching this, so even if primary den leader isn't there, we will still have meeting.

-Jen

Community Leader
Wed, 10-28-2009 - 3:28pm

Have fun with knife safety.

Photobucket