Scout Plans now till December

iVillage Member
Scout Plans now till December
Mon, 11-23-2009 - 11:16am

Well, I just told you about the parade the girls were in.

Then we are volunteering to man the craft table at a Festival of Trees which is a fundraiser that benefits children and youth services. We have 4 two hour time slots... 2 on the Friday after Thanksgiving and 2 on Saturday. I'm not sure what the craft is, but the organizer who came to our meeting to speak with the girls said it usually involved glue and it might get messy! They provide the helpers with aprons to wear during their shifts.

Then on December 1st, we have caroling at one of the nursing homes. It's a service unit project so there will be tons of girls there. We already made salt-dough ornaments to hand out to residents on the floor that we sing to.

For cub scouts, we are doing Bear Achievement 22 today. It's about making rope, tying knots, coiling rope and throwing it for a 20 foot target (like trying to save someone who's drowning...). We've got a few adults who are manning the stations that the kids are going to. Rope making takes the longest, so we will do half and half with that and the kids will do all the other stuff when they are not making rope.

Next cub meeting, we are wrapping pairs of white tube socks as gifts to hand out when the cubs go caroling at the same nursing home later in December.

We also have to finish delivering popcorn and turn in the money by the end of this week... and pay our rechartering fee for rejoining scouts. (I can pay that all today at our meeting.)

-Jen

iVillage Member
Mon, 11-30-2009 - 10:57am

Our Pack meeting was earlier in the month and our den cancelled our 2nd meeting for Nov to allow for attendance at a Troop Webelos Night.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 12-02-2009 - 9:56am

I know what you mean about selling to out of town relatives. We sold to family in Ohio (g.s. cookies) and it took me months to actually go visit them. (They didn't want me to ship them... they wanted a visit!)

Didn't boy scouts have some sort of online ordering for popcorn this year? I thought that they could order it themselves and put in your son's name and pack code so he would get credit. Or maybe I'm getting that confused with something they did at school?

-Jen

iVillage Member
Wed, 12-02-2009 - 10:46am
Online ordering was in place, but the boys don't get Council credit from sales, plus I thought we would see one another.

Photobucket