Plans from Dec 16 - end of 2009?

iVillage Member
Plans from Dec 16 - end of 2009?
Tue, 12-15-2009 - 9:33am

I have some committee paperwork to do and a few activities / speakers to line up.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 12-15-2009 - 2:02pm

Nothing. At least for the troops. LOL

Seriously, the two Juniors will work with me at least once on some activities. They are also working with someone else on their religious award. I'll get them to plan some activity for the Daisies for the next troop meeting -- part of their Junior Aide award.

Beyond that, I'm doing Service Area stuff -- I need to finalize plans for our Girl Scout Curling Event (curling as in the sport played on ice) which is in January. I need to plan the Bowling Event which is in March. And assist with planning a Lock-In that is scheduled for February.

I also need to work with our Membership Manager to check that the rosters for adults and girls are actually correct. I know there are a few mistakes in my own troops.

I need to get my papers organized for the troops and make sure I have all the activities the girls have done toward Try-Its, etc marked off.

So I have a busy end-of-year but the Daisies and Brownies don't. The Juniors may help me. :)

Photobucket
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 12-16-2009 - 12:43am

On the 16th is our final GS meeting of 2009... investiture and awards ceremony, then some fun stuff. (Immediately following the meeting is a girls home basketball game against another Catholic school... and 2 of their girls belong to my troop... most of the scouts are on the team, but most of the rest of us will walk down to cheer for both teams.

I also need to contact the Heart Association to see if we can "collect" anything for them at our Valentine's Day mother-daughter tea. We figured the heart association to try first since it was on Valentine's day.

And I plan to write lots of e-mails and encourage everyone to write about the property study so that committee "HEARS" us telling them what they can't see in their own report. I have a few others I'm planning to contact about the situation too. Not something I have to do, but something I feel strongly that I must do.

-Jen

iVillage Member
Sun, 12-27-2009 - 8:08am

I have 4 boys from the den coming to the house tonight to make pizza, talk about Christmas, and play Charades.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sun, 12-27-2009 - 11:49pm

Did you have them earn the new video game beltloop?

-Jen

iVillage Member
Mon, 12-28-2009 - 8:56am

We didn't play video games.

Photobucket