"oriental trading" co. for crafts etc?

iVillage Member
"oriental trading" co. for crafts etc?
Mon, 02-01-2010 - 4:58pm
Has anyone used Oriental Trading . com for anything like crafts and swaps etc. I see some cute things on there at good prices such as KITS with every piece you need. BUT some of the reviews leave me hesitant. i have 11 girls in my troop and with pieces broken/missing i can't afford to buy a dozen with room/parts to spare.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 02-01-2010 - 11:38pm

I have used OT for crafts. We bought the snowman pillow kit. I made sure I got it in way before I needed it, so in case there was something wrong, there was time to exchange it. I was glad I did, not that there was a problem, but the stuffing included in each pillow kit was so very little, it gave me time to go to the fabric store and buy a bag of stuffing on sale, so the girls could stuff their pillows bigger. I made sure I had enough kits for each girl plus one I could make beforehand, as a sample.

They are a decent company, but remember, you get what you pay for.

cl sig sparkle

suitcase tag

follow me to CWG

Gayle

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-01-2010 - 11:59pm

I've also used them for group crafts... but also, I choose to get them way ahead of time. Most things have turned out fine. Once I bought plastic letter bead things for bracelets and it turned out that there were not enough of the regular letters like A and R, but there were WAY too many Q's. So, I called and told them that I think I got an end of the line bag or something since the mix of letters was WAY off and they sent me another entire set and didn't want the first back. It turned out that this bag was also really weird in the mix of letters- like 5 Q's to each A. But I got what I needed for each girl to be able to spell her name and it was a pretty cheap craft, so I didn't pursue a refund or anything.

For my daughter's birthday, we had a "craft" party with all butterfly related crafts including a suncatcher windchime, a fuzzy bookmark that the girls had to color, a bead bracelet, and something else. Everything was fine that time and they actually included a few extra pieces which I didn't expect for the bracelets- the extra pieces were right in the kit.

And if there's something you don't like, you return it. They want a happy customer!

-Jen

iVillage Member
Tue, 02-02-2010 - 4:42pm

I have mostly used them for VBS crafts.

Photobucket