Scout plans for the end of Feb?

iVillage Member
Scout plans for the end of Feb?
Tue, 02-16-2010 - 10:06am

We have a den meeting tonight.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 02-17-2010 - 10:36am

Girl Scout meeting today... various girls will be working on various things. Makes it kind of hard, but also we will get a lot done.

Girl Scout leaders meeting tonight.

Blue and Gold is Sunday the 21st. (Den meeting the following day was canceled.)

Girl Scout meeting on 24th- Celebrate Thinking Day and giving girls who don't have them their World Association Pins.

Cookies arrive on 25th (Picking up 2128 boxes of cookies- need to have enough vehicles there all at once to collect at one time- they are doing a new delivery system this year).

Saturday the 27th- Doing a Fun with Felting program with the girls that signed up at our local camp in the morning. 1-4pm is our booth sale at the mall. Then we are having cookie sales after each church service that weekend (Sat night and 4 on Sunday).

And of course, we will have to start delivering cookies to our neighbors who bought. I'm giving the huge snow drifts 1 week to melt and dry up completely so we can deliver cookies more easily.

-Jen

iVillage Member
Thu, 02-18-2010 - 9:25am

It sounds like you had awesome cookie sales for the Troop!

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Thu, 02-18-2010 - 10:14pm

And now, I'm working on setting up CPR/First Aid training for the GS leaders in the area. And also trying to find out who's going to bowling for Girl Scouts and collecting that money and forms.

And I'm one of 3 ladies who is setting up Cub Scout Beltloop Academy for our pack for March. We are doing Photography, Nutrition, Manners, and Mathematics in stations. Each level had to choose one of the things and get adults to lead their area. My Bear den- 2 different parents volunteered to do photography, so we went with that. I don't know if the homework part will come before or after the event. And for the big finally, we are having the Game Commission come to do the Wildlife Conservation Beltloop with the whole group for the final hour. I choose to have this one at the end because my dad is going to be one of the presenters along with the Conservation officer for our county. Then after it's over, he and my mom can come back to the house for a visit! And the best part about the whole thing is that I don't have a "job" that day during the event... just making sure it runs smoothly! We got all the parents to be running the stations and not us people who usually run stuff!!!!!

The scout list of stuff to do never ceases!

Jen

iVillage Member
Sun, 02-21-2010 - 7:06pm

Scout Sunday was today.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-22-2010 - 8:11am

Kids are spoiled!

A friend of mine actually switched to wheat bread recently because her son was put on medication that will and has already caused weight gain for him. So, the wheat bread is a deterrent and he doesn't desire it as much or eat as much now. So even though it costs more per loaf, the family of 5 kids and 3 adults actually spend less per week on bread now!

I have 1 who will eat it and 2 who will not. I personally like the multi-grain stuff!

-Jen

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-22-2010 - 9:13am

You belt loop academy sounds terrific.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-22-2010 - 9:18am

Wow.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-22-2010 - 2:46pm
LOl, kind of funny. My kids have always had wheat bread--my mom bought wonder bread once when they were about 4 & 7, they didn't want to eat any sandwiches, because of the weird bread!

In the frequently relevant (to so many debates on Ivillage) words of Inigio Montoya from The Princess Bride "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."

In the frequently relevant (to so many debates on Ivillage) words of Inigio Montoya from The Princess Bride "You keep using that