March 1-15th plans?

iVillage Member
March 1-15th plans?
Mon, 03-01-2010 - 9:34am

The den has a meeting tonight to work on the Math belt loop and pin.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-02-2010 - 9:14am

Try to deliver 200 boxes of cookies (after after-school activities and homework, but before dinner and showers!) and hope everyone is home and has their money.

We had our den meeting last night. The leader told us it looks like the boys will be moving up to the next level at the March den meeting (so our bears will become Webelos in March!- and I've had this discussion before... it doesn't make any sense, but that's what they've decided.) So last night they talked about the Webelos uniforms and pins and being more responsible. Another mom also talked about the Chinese New Year- year of the Tiger and told them about the National Wildlife Federation and endangered Tigers in the US. She had them sign and decorate letters asking for stricter regulations on captive tigers in the US (I think, but I wasn't paying a lot of attention at that point.) And they started homework of keeping track of their chores for a week and I don't know what that was for.

The girls have another Saint Patch meeting tomorrow (Wed.) and will be putting together the American Heart Association Baskets for their auction after the little kids leave from the Saint Patch stuff.

Then Saturday is the Girl Scout Mall event. Since our school has a basketball tournament starting tomorrow and going until Sunday, I couldn't guarantee anyone would be available to be at a table at the mall, so we only volunteered to contribute posters about Girl Scouting in different countries. A few girls still need to bring these to me tomorrow.

Next week is a regular meeting for GS and then Thursday, the first group of Juniors is going to start their Bronze Award project (leading a brownie troop for 5 meetings). Then the 13th is our other booth sale and the 14th is our Service Unit Bowling event. And the 15th, all girl cookie money is due to our troop at the very latest... although we've told them 2 days before that!

Also, I've got to put the final touches on our belt loop academy for the cubs... it's on the 27th, but everything should be in place well before then. I'll just do that in whatever free time I find.

-Jen

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-02-2010 - 10:55am

Jen - I've found that several Packs

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-03-2010 - 9:56am

I'm not real sure... I think most of our current webelos are in blue. Our leader said that both are legal uniforms. I don't know if we will want more uniformity or just let it go with either. One boy is busting out of his blue. I'm just starting to get into this so I don't know how it will work out or what people will want to do. Or exactly what can be worn with which color...

And I think that our scheduling does have a great deal to do with the sports music schedules of the kids.

-Jen

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-03-2010 - 11:35am

Our Wolf Den is working on BIRDS...One of the Mom's will cover Elective 13...we visited a Bird sanctuary over break...but withh go over everything again..and make feeders too !

Valentine Bingo               

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-04-2010 - 4:46pm

Last weekend our Cadette troop worked at a fundraiser banquet for a national club. They sell huge stacks of raffle tickets in large packets (cost $250-$1500) and are 1-4 inches thick. So the people who buy them could use help in tearing them up & distributing them to the right bucket etc. So we never did this before & weren't sure how it would go. We were allowed to do this for any customers that wanted help and have a donation can on our table. We didn't help everyone, but the ones we did usually gave us $20, sometimes less of course. We were amazed and thankful that they would do that, but those girls were busy and hustling around to help everyone so we were very happy--happy to make $275 also for 4 hours of work.

We had our meeting Tuesday & only 3 girls came, others are gone on spring break so we couldn't really do any badge work. I brought a craft and they used fabric paint on tote bags. That was fun & I did one too.

“Clearly," said Arthur,"you're an idiot- but you're our kind of idiot. Come on.” 
― Markus ZusakThe Book Thief