2days still surgey scared to death

iVillage Member
2days still surgey scared to death
Mon, 08-04-2003 - 1:56am
I am going to be haveing gallbladder sugery and i am so scared.I hope and pray i will be okay. People have told me i will be fine but i am still so scared. This is my first time ever haveing sugery so i am very nervouse. I mostly scared about being put to sleep. I am scared i wont wake up. I was wondering my gallbladder only fuctions at15% is that really low. Has anyone had there gallbladder fraction lower then that?I will be so glad to get this over with. I was wonder how long are you at hospital after this surgery? Since it only takes them 45 mins to do that sugery. Have any of you goten headaces from your gallbladder i have has some bad head pains and I was thinking its from my gallbladder. Have any of you with gallbladder trouple have problems have a bowl movement i have had some trouple with that as well. Have any of you felt really tired? I dont have pain in my right side allof the time .Sometimes even have pain in my shoulder blade. I have wonderd to myself could this really be my gallbladder. I really hope this all it is and when i get took out i will b e fine. I hope there is nothing else causeing this besides my gallbladder. I worry sometimes i think what if they do they surgery to remove my gallbladder and find something else is wrong i really hope that dont happend to me.I am sure my gallbladder is what's makes me feel like grap. Somedays i just feel so tired.I dont understand how this could have happend to me i think darn i am so young. I guess it can happen at any age. What can cause you gallbladder to stop functioning right? I dont have stones. I was just told my gallbladder dont fuction right any more only at 15%. Has anyone else had there gallbladder fuction that low? I would just really like to know what could of caused this. I really hope to hear from someone soon.
iVillage Member
Mon, 08-04-2003 - 10:09pm
Your surgery will go well. There is nothing to be scared about. Just think about how good it will feel to have it over and not have pain or any problems. You can celebrate!!! and have fun. Relax...it's a great sleep!!! And yes, you will wake up...don't fret, this is an easy surgery. Hang in there!

I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Lynn

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-05-2003 - 12:32am
Thank you so much for writeing me back it means alot to me. I will let you know how my surgery went. Thank you again for writeing me back.

Take Care,

Becky

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-05-2003 - 1:35pm
HI Becky,

You don't say how old you are, but gallbladder problems can strike younger women. I am 35 and have an injection fraction of 23%. My symptoms are not always so severe, so I have not decided whether to have surgery. At any rate, I think my symptoms started long ago (about 8 years ago), but were so infrequent and not so debilitating that i didn't do anything about it. Pregnancy seems to make gallbladder problems worse too (It certainly did in my case). As for surgery, just relax. I have had one appendectomy (at 24) and two C-sections (all emergencies requiring me to be knowcked out rather than have an epidural) so I can tell you it isn't a big deal. And you do sleep really well. I don;t know if headaches are associated with gallbladder, but they certainly are associated with stress, and it sounds like you are stressed. I am sure they will go away once you are through the surgery. I know I had some strange symptoms which went away as soon as I was diagnosed with gallbladder problems. Later I realized they were caused by my anxiety over what was wrong with me. I think tiredness could be related to gallbladder.

Do let us know how you are doing after the surgery!

Lara
iVillage Member
Tue, 08-05-2003 - 9:01pm
I just would like to tell you thank you for writeing me back. I will let you know how i am doing after sugery. I go tomorrow for my sugery so i am very nervouse i might not sleep good at all tonight from worrying about this. I will be so glad when this is all over with. I just try to think to my self this time tomorow this will all be over with.I hope I will get to come home tomorrow.Thank you again for writeing me it helps alot.

Take Care,

Becky

iVillage Member
Sat, 08-09-2003 - 2:23am
Don't be scared about the anesthesia- I just had the surgery and I have asthma-was REALLY scared. I am also a nurse who worked in ICU for 6 years. I came through OK-no problems. The aneshthesiologist put me at ease. I am having a slight problem with scarring, but the incisions are really small. I think I just didn't take the right care of them. My first time to have surgery, as well. I know a lot about taking care of other people, but it's different when it's you, you know? I will be thinking about you. If pain meds nauseate you, tell them ahead of time to give you phenergan(nausea med)with it. It will make you drowsy, but it will keep you from throwing up-which you DO NOT want to do. This really helped me. Good Luck, and let us know how you did. YOU WILL WAKE UP!!! Sincerely.