feel stopped up in area around stomach

iVillage Member
feel stopped up in area around stomach
Mon, 08-04-2003 - 12:05pm
for about the past week and a half, 2 weeks, I have felt a sort of bloating or stopped up feeling around the area of my stomach. although my stomach doesn't hurt, it feels somewhat sour at times. lying on my side has become a bit uncomfortable and sometimes it feels like it's not as easy to breath. the area right below my breasts feels stagnant. for the past few days i've changed my diet to mostly fruits, vegetables, a bit of bran, tofu, egg whites-- things to get things moving and on the lighter side. and although i've had some good bowel movements, i still feel stopped up in this particular area around my stomach. does this sound familiar to anyone? i don't usually get heartburn, but this doesn't exactly feel like that either.
iVillage Member
Mon, 08-04-2003 - 10:40pm
Hi and Welcome aboard.

Feeling full eh?? This can happen to the best of us. Sometimes we can swallow too much air and this can give us that full feeling. Also the foods we eat can also cause gas and give us that full stomach feeling. ARe you taking any medications that are new to you? Sometimes Meds can give you a full feeling in your stomach too. How about premenstrual fluid retention?? I am just throwing out some ideas here. Do you have any other symptoms? sometimes changing your diet like you have can give you this. You may have overloaded the body. Give it a few days to get use to your new eating habits. It should work itself out with no problems. Let us know how you are doing. Hang in there. You did the right thing by changing your eating habits, you just need to let your body get use to it.

Hugs,

Lynn