tvhmom please read!!!

iVillage Member
tvhmom please read!!!
Tue, 08-05-2003 - 1:08pm
I wrote the following post to a different person about low hida scan scores. Later I realized that my post is relivant to you. Please read:

My result was 34%. I had no pain, but was nauseated for over 6 months and could not eat ANYTHING without feeling sick. I lost 30 pounds during this time. They took out my gallbladder in December, not knowing for positive if it was truly the problem or not since my results were "on the very low end of abnormal". Well, when they took it out I was diagnosed as have a "chronically inflamed gallbladder". It had no stones in it, but it wasn't working the way it shouldn't been. I had been having alot of stomach sounds, bm problems, etc. That little organ actually can really mess you up if it's not working right.

I have not regreted having it out. I feel like a new person! I hope this helps you...

-Tara

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-20-2003 - 7:11pm
Wow- I haven't been on the board in awhile! Thanks for responding. I don't know what to think now...! Why did they finally take out your gall bladder? That was quite a risk to take not being sure. My stomach dr. isn't concerned about my HIDA results at all (21 out of 35). Yours was 34 out of 35? As I understand it, 35 is normal?

I have CONSTANT NAUSEA now and it is awful! I feel dizzy and sick after I eat. I feel like I'm going insane. At night, when I lay in bed, my stomach churns, growls and sloshes around so much I can't sleep. I don't know if I'd have the guts to have them remove an organ not being sure. So, you feel well now? Let me ask you this - were you on any meds before your surgery? I took Prevacid and Carafate. My doc gave me Ursodiol for gall bladder problems, but after a week or so I quit. My ultrasound came back normal and I didn't want to take something for no reason. I wonder if I should go back on it?

Please write back!!

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-20-2003 - 8:56pm
Why not try the Ursoldiol?? What have you got to lose?? Give it a chance, you might be surprised. It's not fun when you aren't feeling well and can't sleep due to it. Hang in there and work with your doctor. They're not all quacks as some would let you believe. I can't remember off hand if you have gone for a second opinion or not?? what happened with that doctor?? Sometimes you have to stay on the meds for them to really help. Sometimes you have to take them to remain in remission or pain free. Let us know what you decide to do. Hope you get some sleep soon!!

Hugs,

Lynn

iVillage Member
Thu, 08-21-2003 - 8:13pm
Maybe I should take anti-nausea medicine. If it is my gall bladder, they probably won't work, right? That may tell me something. I wonder if my stomach inflammation CAUSED my gall bladder to be inflamed (it's called transference) or vice versa? I'm trying to get into another GI doctor, but they are backed up and I have to wait!