sharp pain under right rib area

iVillage Member
sharp pain under right rib area
Thu, 08-07-2003 - 10:13pm
after years of pain I had an ultra sound and they found gallbladder stones, so they took out my gallbaldder. I still had the same pain for almost 2 years. I had an ERCP with a manometry done a week ago. Now I have Sphincter dysfunction or Oddi dysfunction. I think that the pain is worse now than ever and it is a constant pain. Next week I will have to go in and have a stent removed. I do not look forward to doing that again. I really hope that will put an end the this pain. Has any one ever had this procedure done? I was wondering how long it took for you to fill better or does it get better?
iVillage Member
Fri, 08-08-2003 - 11:55pm
Hi, I had a sphincterotomy and ERCP before my gallbladder surgery, then the gallbladder removal, and I've been fine ever since, so I'm so sorry I can't help you. I hope you get some relief soon. I saw on another post here that you went to a university hospital so for some reason I was thinking Indiana, and I opened your profile, and it says you are from Indiana. I am too! Did you go to IU? That was where I went for my ERCP and it is weird to possibly connect to someone who was there for the same thing as me. I was pretty freaked out when i had to go there.

I'm so sorry that after all you've been through you haven't found relief yet. I hope it is waiting for you after this next procedure.

Julie