Made it!Had my colonoscopy~

iVillage Member
Made it!Had my colonoscopy~
Wed, 10-07-2009 - 3:21pm

Well not with out drama though...I only got in about 20oz of the 64oz I was to drink! I started with the vomiting again! Only this time I got down the 20oz about 35 min before I got sick...I called my doctor and he said it sounded like my "bathroom visits" were what they needed to be so I didnt have to drink anymore!

Had the colonoscopy this morning, I went right out..No problems with it...

They found hemorrhoids and mild left side diverticulosis ..Which is different because all by problems have been right sided, even the previous episode of diverticulitis was right sided...

But thats all they found, he did take some biopsy's to test of the colon..

I am so lost now I have no clue what this chronic pain is....Could something still come up in the biopsy??

Either way at least I am narrowing down the list of what this might be....

I am switching doctors in the beginning of the month, thats when my insurance allows changes...I am very unhappy with my doctors office currently, I feel like I have not been getting the respect from their office a patient deserves, and I have been "iffy" about their diagnosis from the start when I was told it was appendicitis and to go home and take some aleve..They also failed to submit my referral to my insurance company, After trying and trying, the office that was doing the colonoscopy said they would call my doctors office for me, which they did...I hope my insurance covers this..

And hopefully my new doctors office will look into this more..

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-09-2009 - 5:36pm

Glad to hear that you got "enough" of the prep this time!

It is good that they found nothing of note, but I understand your frustration at not having an answer yet about your pain. I do hope for your sake that the new doctor will show more respect for you and follow up on this problem!

Please keep us posted.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 10-16-2009 - 3:35am
I had mine two weeks ago, it was hell on earth. Like you I vomited, felt like torture.
iVillage Member
Fri, 10-16-2009 - 1:33pm

Ladyavee I am so sorry to hear you had such a bad time with the prep. It does seem like there should be something better to use.

Please let us know what you find out from your doctor. What problems were you having besides the GERD that led up to the test?

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sat, 10-17-2009 - 2:19am
I had a hard time digesting my food, and I had severe problems with constipation, even though I drink lots of water.
iVillage Member
Sat, 10-17-2009 - 10:58am
Well, I sure hope your colonoscopy will give some answers after all the misery you went through to get it!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 10-18-2009 - 12:43am
I hope so.
iVillage Member
Tue, 10-20-2009 - 12:21am
I have read all your posts and your symptoms and all the test you are having are so much like mine! I have had all this going on for over a year!! Still no diagnosis.