Eating and bm is good, but digestion?

iVillage Member
Eating and bm is good, but digestion?
Mon, 10-19-2009 - 12:39pm

It seems that ingestion and excretion is not a problem, but the digestion seems to be a problem, whether in hard or soft form, I feel as if I’m pooping out all my nutrients. My abdominal and pelvic MRI with contrast came back “normal”, my endoscopy and colonoscopy came back pretty much normal (with the exception of GERD that I am now pretty much over), I had a gastric emptying scan however that came back abnormal. I just want to prevent weight loss, and gain weight. This is what I seek.

I kind of have a feeling that if I turn my acid pumps back on, they will break down the food that sits in my stomach, so that it can release nutrients that I need. I don’t want the food to just go through me. I just don’t want my acid to come back so strong that it causes heartburn. I haven't really had diahrea, but this week has been really bad as far as me having soft bowel movements.  Does any of this make sense?

iVillage Member
Sun, 10-25-2009 - 4:02pm
How do you know you're pooping out your nutrients? Are you more intolerant to certain foods, dairy, wheat, nuts, etc.? If something shows you have a absorption problem, you can take digestive enzymes which would help with this issue. Actually, you can get this from a health food store, so you don't really need a problem to do it. It's your choice.
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-26-2009 - 8:52am
I guess I would ask the question, too, of what makes you think you are not absorbing the nutrients you are getting. If you are having soft BMs with no diarrhea that seems totally normal to me.

Photobucket