Current Medical things...Reglan?

iVillage Member
Current Medical things...Reglan?
Thu, 10-29-2009 - 11:47am

I have had abdominal sonograms, endosopies, colonoscopies, Small Bowel Series, HIDA Scan, and Abominal Pelvic MRI w/ contrast, and a Gastric Emptying Scan.

The endoscopy revealed GERD, but I seem to be over that now. The only other thing that showed up was an abnormal Gastric Emptying Scan. After 90 minutes, my stomach had only emptied 30%, when at least 50% is normal. I am a 25 year old male. I am 5'10, and weigh about 145lbs.

This is what I told my Gastro. doctor today.

Symptoms 2 weeks ago
-Flatulence throughout the day
-Soft stool (not diahrrea, but stool too soft too often)
-Rectal spasms
-Hungry all thoughout the day (even if I just ate)
-Off-balance/Fatigue-feeling
-I've been drinking Ensure Plus which is specially formulated to maintain or gain weight, and I've been having to try my hardest just to stop weight loss

This Week
-I am getting a full feeling and some pain in the stomach area, it feels like the food is staying in there too long.

So, both weeks seem to be different. The doctor wrote me a prescription for Reglan 10mg. I have seen online that Reglan is the devil, and another doctor had previously told me I shouldn't use it. What do you guys think?

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-29-2009 - 4:08pm
Sorry, but I am not really familiar with Reglan. Maybe there is someone else here who has used it and can give you a first-hand opinion.

Photobucket