Dr. Appt. tomorrow HELP!

iVillage Member
Dr. Appt. tomorrow HELP!
Mon, 01-04-2010 - 12:38pm

I have had stomach problems for a few years now. I used to wake up in the middle of the night with diarrhea. Sometimes I would turn cold and sweat really bad, and twice I passed out in the bathroom floor. This was before I had children and after my son (4yrs) was born the frequency and severity seemed to slow down. More recently I have been having problems, which stopped completely while I was pregnant with my second son, only to return again after he was born.

I usually notice it when we have eaten out in town, but it also happens at home too. Sometimes within 5 minutes of finishing a meal I have a very strong, sudden urge to have a BM. I have to find a restroom very fast, then I usually end up going back and forth from the bathroom for a half hour. Sometimes it starts as diarrhea, but other times that is not until the second or third visit to the restroom.

I am visiting a new primary care physician tomorrow for a regular wellness checkup, and am wondering how to bring this issue up. Also wondering if anyone here has a similar situation.

Thank you so much!

pregnancy calendar
iVillage Member
Tue, 01-05-2010 - 7:29am

oh boy! does your story remind me of the bad old days of shivering on my bathroom floor in a cold sweat seeing stars in the middle of the night.

iVillage Member
Tue, 01-05-2010 - 1:51pm

I don't know if you have had your doctor's appointment, yet, or not (Sorry I did not read this sooner!) but I hope you will tell him just what you have told us. He will undoubtedly ask you some questions to pinpoint the possibilities.

I agree that keeping a food diary might help you to discover which types of food are causing you the most trouble. Then you will probably just want to avoid those foods as there are few foods that are worth that sort of distress!

Please let us know how your doctor's visit goes and what you find out.

Photobucket