Need some advice

iVillage Member
Need some advice
Tue, 01-19-2010 - 9:57pm

First, I'm not sure I am posting in the right place and I'm not even sure where to begin. My DH has some problems with his stomach. He feels sick all the time and throws up frequently after he eats. I do know he is allergic to milk and soy, most nuts and raw vegetables. He is also gaining weight in his stomach. He burps a lot as well. I'm sorry if this is all over the place, I'm just not sure how to put all this. You can ask all the questions you need to help me. We have no insurance so we can't go to the doctor at the moment.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 01-19-2010 - 10:19pm
Bloating, throwing up after eating... sounds like it could possibly be gastroparesis (basically: stomach paralysis - articles will tell you more than I can). I don't know if the food allergies could play a role, I'm not too familiar with those. Has he had problems with acid reflux? Has he tried any medications? How long after he eats is he vomiting? When he throws up, is it fully digested or completely undigested? (Not trying to get graphic here, but if he's throwing up undigested food many hours after eating, GP is a good possibility). I know you don't have insurance, but seeing a doctor is the best thing to do. They'll probably do an endoscopy (where they put a small camera down his throat - very simple painless procedure) and a scan where they will test how fast his food is digested. A lot of hospitals and/or doctors are willing to work out a payment plan with you if you ask them. :)
Oh, and I see in your siggy that you're ttc. (((hugs))) I've been there (4 years ttc with severe mfi). And I'm sorry you're dealing with that on top of this mystery GI issue. Best of luck!
iVillage Member
Tue, 01-19-2010 - 11:29pm
Is there any possibility of trying a county clinic or trying for a sliding scale fee thing so he can be seen by a Dr.?
iVillage Member
Wed, 01-20-2010 - 1:02pm

Hi and thanks! I think the throwing up yesterday had to do with bad food as I had problems later on. But I will look up GP and see if it sounds like what he is dealing with. Mainly it seems like he just gets really gassy and feels a little icky. I also think we both might have some IBS issues.
I'm sorry that you are dealing with IF as well. Good luck to you.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket