Update & Hemmorrhoids

iVillage Member
Update & Hemmorrhoids
Mon, 02-08-2010 - 8:46pm

Update:
I finally took myself to the doctor when I got back from my xmas break, and mentioned the irregularity and hemmorrhoids. Doctor put me on a capful of Miralax every morning after breakfast for 1 month and then sit in the bathroom for 10 minutes to re-train myself. I have had two mornings that I went before I had the miralax, so at least it's getting back on track. However, I can barely sit some days and I am so frustrated I'm in tears. I can't stand the itchiness. For the hemmorrhoids, doctor gave me Proctofoam which hurts to take and I don't even think I was able to insert it today, so unsure if it's working. That stuff was expensive too! Is there something I can lubricate the tip of the foam thing with? Does Tuck's work for internal hemmorrhoids?

I'm miserable and embarrassed.

Sarah

iVillage Member
Fri, 02-12-2010 - 2:08am

Sarah, I am sorry to hear that your hemorrhoids are such a problem.

I would think any of the lubricants available in the drugstore, like K-Y Jelly, would be safe to use on your medication applicator. Just don't use Vaseline-type products.

I don't think the Tucks wipes would be much good for internal hemorrhoids, but there are over-the-counter suppositories that you might be able to use. I would check with your doctor first about using them, though, especially since you are using a prescription preparation already. Let him know that the cost of the foam is a problem for you -- sometimes doctors are totally unaware of the cost of the medicines they prescribe. Maybe he can offer you something else.

Good luck and keep us updated.

Photobucket

Photobucket