look pregnant, but I'm not

iVillage Member
look pregnant, but I'm not
Sun, 03-14-2010 - 12:12am

Hi,

I have always had an issue with my stomach. Besides the fact that I need to lose some weight from my mid-section, I often (very often) feel extremely big. In the morning, I look and feel okay. As the day goes on, I get bigger in the stomach area. By the end of the day, I look like I'm 5-6 months pregnant. I'm not kidding about that.  I seem to blow up. I haven't noticed any patterns as far as food goes. 

Has anyone gone through this? Is there a simple explanation for this? I would love to feel good all the time. Instead, I feel like a blimp. I'm not obese. According to the charts, I'm not even overweight. I just want to lose some weight so I can feel comfortable about myself. Unfortunately, most of the weight I need to lose is in the stomach area.

I know you can't focus on one area when trying to lose weight. You have to do cardio and eventually it should come off. I've been watching what I eat and I've been working out more. I just can't seem to lose the weight from my mid-section.

Can anyone please help?

iVillage Member
Sun, 03-14-2010 - 9:10am

Hi and welcome to the board. I am not sure what may be causing your large belly. Since it changes throughout the day it sounds like it is something besides just fat deposits, which sometimes concentrate in the abdominal area. Do you have any other symptoms -- diarrhea, constipation, gas, pain . . . .

Lactose intolerance or gluten intolerance may cause abdominal distention, but they come with other symptoms. Same with IBS. Have you ever discussed the issue with your doctor?

Photobucket

Photobucket