pancreatitis pains and aggravation

iVillage Member
pancreatitis pains and aggravation
Sat, 04-24-2010 - 12:42am
I have been dealing with pancreas issues for over two years now and I am sick of it! I have had my enzymes up many times. Constant stomach pains, diarrhea and nausea to boot. Had many tests and the only conclusion that has been determined is that my doctors are idiots. I went to have an ercp done last week and the dr. said there isn't enough evidence to have it. I don't understand what they want? I can't get enzymes unless over the counter which suck. And I been taking my gf's for now. lately its been a lot worse. I go to the er often and have been sick for a while now.  I know its a long process to get treated and a pain in the butt as well. I just don't understand it. I almost thing if you went in for a severed arm that they would still ask questions before helping you. Instead of just doing their jobs. Sorry to complain, just mad for now is all. I am looking to talk to anyone who has delt with pancreatitis and if you went through this. What did you do to help and cope?
iVillage Member
Sat, 04-24-2010 - 5:40pm

I am so sorry you are having such a hard time! I cannot imagine why the doctor would say there was not enough reason to do the ERCP.

I do not have experience with pancreatitis, but hopefully someone else will be able to offer you some advice. I know we have had a few people post about it here in the past.

Here is the information I found on iVillage about pancreatitis, if it helps any: http://www.ivillage.com/pancreatitis-0/89826

I hope you get some relief soon. Is there any chance of getting a second opinion?

Photobucket