Green Movement...

iVillage Member
Green Movement...
Tue, 05-25-2010 - 12:29am

Hello everyone on this board,

Lol, okay. I have an interesting question I suppose. Recently, when I had a bowl movement, it was green. Is this a bad thing? I'm vegan and I drink water daily. Should I be worried?... It wasn't diarrhea although I've been having frequent movements, and my stomach feels the need to keep going. If anyone could give me some insight as to what this means, thanks!

iVillage Member
Tue, 05-25-2010 - 9:23am

Generally green bowel movements in and of themselves aren't anything to be overly concerned about.

It could be diet related. Have you been eating a lot of green leafy vegetables? Or possibly even something like green popsicles or kool aid or other food with green dyes?

The other main cause would be stool moving more rapidly than usual through the digestive tract which does not allow the bile to be completely broken down. Since your tummy is feeling a little "off" it could be that you have a mild gastroenteritis that is causing this.

Unless it goes on for an extended period of time or your other symptoms get worse, it is probably nothing to worry about.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 05-25-2010 - 12:12pm
Thank you for your input. =)