searching for answers......

iVillage Member
searching for answers......
Wed, 05-26-2010 - 4:07pm

about 6 months ago, my husband went to the emergency room with extreme  abdominal pain, he was diagnosed with pancreatitis. Since that time, he has continued to complain of upset stomach, stomach pain, and sometimes he voluntarily throws up after a meal because he says the food just doesn't feel like it is settling right. He had a cat scan that showed a fatty liver (the doc wasn't too concerned about that because my husband is not a drinker-not at all!) He finally got in to get the scope, where he had the camera put down his throught, they gave him results of having gastaritis, and an enlarged bile duct. They took a biopsy, and he does not see the doctor for the results for another week. I am so nervous. whenever I google any of the terms and symptoms I describe, it leads me to cancer. I am sure there are other possibilities, but I'm very scared. Has anyone had anything similar that was not cancer (or that was, for that matter) well, I guess that's about it. I would so appreciate some answers, any answers or even your thoughts about it would be helpful.

Thank you.

Jackie

iVillage Member
Thu, 05-27-2010 - 10:38am

Jackie, I can understand your concern.

Here is some information on pancreatitis: http://www.ivillage.com/pancreatitis-0/4-o-89826

Photobucket