Parasites?

iVillage Member
Parasites?
Fri, 07-30-2010 - 9:37pm

Hi, I have been having symptoms on and off for the past 4ish years, but recently (past couple of months) they have been getting worse.  I had the celiac blood test come back negative, abdominal ultrasound was normal, the meds the doctor gave me for spastic colon don't help.  I'm thinking it might be parasites.  I got Nature's Secret Parastroy and will be starting it on Sunday... has anyone tried it before?

Here are my most recent symptoms:

I have had loose stools and maybe go to the bathroom 3-4 times/day.  Last week I was doing alright, had my "normal" loose stools, then had very watery diarrhea for about an hour after eating a wrap (I had eaten the exact same thing the night before with no problem).  I either get constipated for days after having watery diarrhea (when I'm constipated, I usually have mucousy waste) or go back to loose stools.  I have cut out coffee completely from my life, drink some tea, and drink beer on the weekends (this does not seem to make symptoms worse or better).  I know that fatty foods trigger problems, but they do not always trigger me.  Sometimes I have problems after eating a granola bar or salad, but not always. 

Would a parasite cleanse be a good idea?  It couldn't hurt, right?  If anyone has ever done a parasite cleanse before, please let me know what to expect.

Thanks!

iVillage Member
In reply to: crownroyal
Fri, 07-30-2010 - 10:24pm

Sorry to hear you're feeling so lousy...

Only you can decide what you should or shouldn't do... but my doctor told me to never do a cleanse... you can end up in much worse shape!

All the best to you whatever you decide.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sat, 07-31-2010 - 4:47pm

I have had no experience with parasite cleansing and don't know if it

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sat, 07-31-2010 - 11:14pm
Just because a celiac blood test came back negative... you may very well have a gluten sensitivity (which is the case for most with this issue) If it is a sensitivity, eliminate all gluten from your diet and inside of 2 weeks if your symptoms start to resolve, then you will have your answer.
Not as likely to have parasites, however candida build up share many of the same symptoms. Candida is usually triggered from antibiotics disrupting the intestinal flora. For some people it presents as a vaginal yeast infection.... but Candida build up will present with intestinal issues such as you have described. I would encourage you to do the research and make dietary adjustments accordingly. Good Luck