Another great homebirth for me!

iVillage Member
Another great homebirth for me!
Thu, 01-24-2008 - 3:54pm

This was my second homebirth experience, and just as rewarding as the first.

I was 37 weeks on Sunday and feeling very miserable. My MW told me to call her that afternoon and we would discuss starting some natural induction stuff. I have a history of having my healthy babies at 36 weeks, so we felt okay trying at this point.

When I called my MW had just gotten home from another birth and was exhausted. She told me I could try castor oil if I wanted, or wait until my Tuesday morning appointment and she would strip my membranes. I decided to wait since I already was so miserable and knew castor oil, although would most likely result in a baby, would also come with its own discomforts.

3:30 am Monday, Jan 21 I was lying in bed trying to decide whether or not I wanted to get up again and use the bathroom when my water broke. I stayed lying on my side while my DH called the mw and then started filling the pool. I had two contractions that I breathed and rocked through. When the third one hit it was a very different contraction. I told DH to “come and catch this baby” who was already crowning. He slipped into daddy’s hands at 3:42 am. The MW and my mom arrived about 10 minutes later.

Marc Xavier weighed in at 8 lbs 4 oz and was 20 1/2 in long. He is such a good baby and we are very blessed to have him on our home.

The only thing I would do differently (hind sight is so great) is have some sort of protection on my mattress in anticipation for water breaking while in bed :0)

//www.sparklee.com

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Thu, 01-24-2008 - 5:53pm

Congratulations!! And thanks for posting your story. 12 minutes of hard stuff! I thought my 20 minutes for my last birth was quick, lol. WTG! There's a discussion on the April EC board about a baby "falling out" and I'm thinking, yep! That's what I want this time. :)

BTW, you should go over the Unassisted Childbirth board and post this testimony there! (http://messageboards.ivillage.com/iv-ppunassisted) Even though you didn't plan a UC, you basically had one and your story would be very encouraging for ladies planning UCs.

Enjoy your precious little one!

Darla

= = = = = = = = = =

Married since 1992, happily homemaking and homeschooling six great children. I married my college sweetheart and our family has a Christian hospitality outreach to the international students attending our local university.

= = = = = = = = = =

Edited 1/24/2008 6:01 pm ET by endyblue

Darla
= = = = = = = = = =
iVillage Member
Fri, 01-25-2008 - 2:36pm
Too cool!
I love that story!
My water broke in bed too, but I had a vinyl sheet on there and I jumped up and ran too! LOL!
What a great birth though..totally jealous here.
Congratulations!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sat, 01-26-2008 - 10:24pm

Oh my gosh Nikki!!! CONGRATULATIONS! Now, that's a FAST labor! Wow. Good thing you were in bed and not Walmart or something. ;o)

Congratulations again! Marc is just beautiful!

(I'm thinking of getting my sheet protector out now, so I don't forget.)

Mommy to 5. Our newest blessing, Henry,  came 4/27/08.

iVillage Member
Mon, 01-28-2008 - 9:21pm
wow!! what a birth! i thought i was quick at 3h45m. congrats!

Theresa

Mama to two girls; birth choice and breastf

iVillage Member
Fri, 02-01-2008 - 5:29pm
Holy cow that's fast! Had you had any contractions at all before that? I thought mine was fast at around 4 hours. 12 minutes rocks! Congrats!

Photobucket

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Check out Baby Elisabeth's website for photos, blogs, and more: http://web.mac.com/becca.c/iWeb/Baby

Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

iVillage Member
Thu, 02-07-2008 - 3:46pm
No, I don't have contractions until my water breaks, or is broken, and my labors have all been an hour, or less. With my second birth my first layer of water had broken and since I didn't say anything for 2 days I had to go to the hospital and have IV antibiotics and then the second layer broken (love medical protocol). I was an 8 when they broke my water, had no contractions before then, and baby was born 27 minutes later. It is one of the big reasons I decided to have homebirths because I knew there would come a point when I would not have made it to the hospital, even though we are only 15 minutes away. Figured it was easier all the way around to just hire the midwife to come to me :0)

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 02-08-2008 - 12:31pm

Holy fast birth Batman! That is just amazing. Congrats!

*Faith

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-06-2008 - 10:17pm
what!?
Photobucket