New&curious??

iVillage Member
New&curious??
Thu, 09-02-2010 - 11:51pm
Hi everyone I'm new to the infertility board. My name is Tracy&im 28. My dhand I have been married now a lil over a year and he's 32(almost 33). I have a daughter from a previous relationship who is 6. I'm always looking and reading the questions on here and I'm just curious if there is anyone out there like us... We have been ttc for a long time with no luck at all!! We have been actively trying for approximately 2 years now! I have charted, taken my temps, opk's, bd'ed according to my temps&opk sticks and absolutely nothing! I have hypothyroid disease but am on medicine to keep it under control, been checked for pcos, had my ovaries checked... Other than these things we don't have insurance to get any fertility testing done on me nor him and live paycheck to paycheck so there's no way we can pay for them on our own. We do plan on getting him checked at last with our income taxes coming up. My question is there anyone else out there like me that has never done clomid or anything else to help with fertility other than the normal things like ovulation tests and charting our temps every morning??? We so badly want another baby girl and before we get much older and that my daughter could finally have a playmate!! Thanx for reading this long thing I just had to get it out since I started that time of the mth for the zillionth time last nite : (
http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/21cf56My siggie
iVillage Member
Fri, 09-03-2010 - 7:18am
Welcome Tracy. I am sorry you have to be here but glad that we can help provide support. The money part of IF can be so stressful. Has your DH tried taking multivitamins? I know in the MFI board there are a lot of posts about different supplements that can be taken. I wish you much luck and hope you get a BFP soon.

Dixie

"Even miracles take a little time." ~ Fairy Godmother: Cinderella

TTC since April 2009

M/C November 2009

Metformin December 2009

Clomid #1 50mg April 2010 = no O :-(

Clomid #2 100mg May 2010 = BFN

Clomid #3 150mg July 2010 = BFN

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Dixie

"Even miracles take a little time." ~ Fairy Godmother: Cinderella

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-03-2010 - 12:14pm

I'm so sorry that you are having such a difficult time TTC. I certainly have been in your same situation. We tried "on our own" with no luck for close to 3 years. It was frustrating and maddening.

Based on my experience, I would recommend trying to get your DH checked. A SA (sperm analysis) is a lot less expensive than the tests they like to run on us ladies. It would depend on where you live, etc - but the two clinics we went through only charged $100-$150 for a SA. I know that is still a lot of money, but again - less than many tests/procedures. Because you already have been checked, have had a child and seem to be ovulating regularly on your own - I would think the next step would be to make sure everything is okay with DH. More than 50% of the time the issue is at least partially due to MFI. The good news is - like Dixie said - there are some supplements and things that people have had a lot of success with. I think Folic Acid is one of them that many people recommend. I've also heard Vitamin B-12 and Zinc are good. It can't hurt to have DH start taking some supplements - maybe his Dr could recommend the right type/doses to try.

Best of luck to you - I really hope that you get a surprise BFP on your own before you have to look to other treatment options. Sending lots of baby dust your way!!

LESLIE

Finally pregnant with our first with the help of Donor Sperm and IUI after 3 years of TTC!!

Due Date: March 3, 2011

Grow Baby Grow

Leslie Finally welcomed baby Stella on 2/25/2011 after 3+ years of TTC!
iVillage Member
Fri, 09-03-2010 - 1:34pm

Hi Tracy, welcome to the board!

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-03-2010 - 11:37pm
Thanks everyone for the great advice and help!! We are definitely going to get the SA done sometime around feb-march and I'm ready to get it over with. I bought him a mans multivitamin the only trouble is that he can never remember to take it so I just reminded him lol... I'm praying that he isn't completely sterile or anything! I've got serious baby fever now&everybody around me is popping up pregnant which is of course making it much worse! I honestly don't think if we can just have one naturally that we will just give up since we have my daughter. Lots of baby dust to u all : )
iVillage Member
Fri, 09-03-2010 - 11:59pm
Umm to be honest with u I haven't really been paying much attention to my cycle or ovulation cuz my dh says he just wants to wait till his test before we continue actively trying. I do know that my af has been more regular and on time so I'm assuming that I'm ovulating too but haven't been charting or using opk's. I noticed the more I obsessed the more depressed I was about it so I decided to lay off for awhile&everyone says when u give up that's when it happens but so far not! I had a dream last nite that I found out I was almost 5mths pregnant!! It's been a difficult day especially since I heard one of my friends is pregnant today!!
iVillage Member
Tue, 09-07-2010 - 9:49am
I'm sorry that it was a difficult day for you, trying to conceive can take such a toll on your emotions.