Wish me luck.... Class Reunion

iVillage Member
Wish me luck.... Class Reunion
Fri, 07-23-2004 - 10:54am
I've got my ten year class reunion this weekend. I'm excited to see everyone, but I dread the questions that I know are sure to come up.... "Any children?", "So, when are you guys gonna have kids?", blah, blah, blah.

I'll just give my standard "nice" answer and try to not let it bother me. I know it's natural to ask - I used to do the same thing myself before I started going through this.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Angela

iVillage Member
Fri, 07-23-2004 - 12:53pm

Angela,

Good Luck to you!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

iVillage Member
Fri, 07-23-2004 - 2:49pm
You are so much stronger than I.

Mine was last year and I refused to go. I just could'nt imagine telling them "NO, I don't have kids" when I know that 98% of them have at least 1 or are pregnant.

You are already being strong. Keep it up and I will had to it some more strenght and positive vibes for your confort.

Anick

iVillage Member
Fri, 07-23-2004 - 3:30pm
Thanks guys. I was VERY upset earlier this week when AF showed up and I couldn't even concentrate on work. All I could think about was the fact that I am not pregnant and I broke down and cried at my desk probably 15 times. I decided right then that I am letting infertility consume my life and I just am not going to let that happen anymore. I used to be a fun person to be around and I don't feel like I have been lately. I am going to have a GREAT time this weekend and I'm not going to let the fact that other people have children bring me down. I am defined by a lot more than my reproductive organs!

Okay - now that I've given myself a good pep talk - I think I'm ready! It's a full weekend - the hardest part will be the "family" picnic tomorrow. Fortunately there are still a lot of people from my class that don't have children yet, so atleast I won't stick out like a sore thumb!

I don't know what I would do without the support of this board. Thank you!!!

I'll bring back a report Monday morning!

Angela