Asking for P&PT for HIDA scan tmw - m

iVillage Member
Asking for P&PT for HIDA scan tmw - m
Mon, 07-26-2004 - 10:00pm

Ladies, I have to be at the hospital at 7:00am tmw morning.

I am having the HIDA scan (on my Gall Bladder)  HIDA scan is an imaging test used to examine the gallbladder and the ducts leading into and out of the gallbladder. In this test, also referred to as cholescintigraphy, the patient receives an intravenous injection of a radioactive material called hydroxy iminodiacetic acid (HIDA). The HIDA material is taken up by the liver and excreted into the biliary tract. In a healthy person, HIDA will pass through the bile ducts and into the cystic duct to enter the gallbladder. It will also pass into the common bile duct and enter the small intestine, from which it eventually makes its way out of the body in the stool.  HIDA imaging is done by a nuclear scanner, which takes pictures of the patient's biliary tract over the course of about 2 - 3 hours.  It is generally a very safe test and is well tolerated by most patients.

I am a little nervous, just because of the unknown . . . but I am more nervous nothing will show and I will once again not have an answer to my constant pain.

It's getting worse at night and I have a hard time sleeping.

Please pray that I get some answers.

If I need to have my Gallbladder removed I want to go ahead and do it.

WHEW!

Thanks Ladies.

Much Love, Lauren

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

iVillage Member
Wed, 07-28-2004 - 9:40am
Lauren,I was thinking about you honey.

How did it go?

I hope you will get some answers.

Huge hugs,Tatiana

iVillage Member
Wed, 07-28-2004 - 9:07am
Lauren,

How did it go? Did you get any results?

Please let us know.

Anick

iVillage Member
Tue, 07-27-2004 - 8:05pm
good luck sweetie! you'll be in my prayers -
iVillage Member
Tue, 07-27-2004 - 11:43am
GoodLuck Crystal,

Hopefully you will get some answers from this test. My cousin had the same thing done when he was 5 and they removed his gallbladder,now he is a very healthy 8 year old.

Niki

Image hosted by Photobucket.com 

iVillage Member
Tue, 07-27-2004 - 10:39am
I know you're already having the test as I type this but just wanted to wish you well. I hope that you are finally given the answers that you deserve.

Good Luck!!!

Love,

Angela