Picking Fights?!?!

iVillage Member
Picking Fights?!?!
Thu, 07-10-2008 - 10:18am

I would like to start this off by saying DH and I have been doing great lately but last night he thought I was picking a fight with him.  Granted we were getting ready to go to be so we were both a little toucher then normal.

I told him while his mother was in town that we were getting close to O and he needed to start thinking about eating better and cuting out the drinking.  What he does after I tell him this is her buys not one but two six packs of beer.  I have repeated this for at least a week now and last night as I was getting ready for bed I see a beer bottle on his dresser.  So I go off on my rant about how I feel like I am the only one making changes for this and that I need his help.  I know that I am the big problem but he isn't perfect either. 

It is just so frustrating to me I go to acupuncture, I drink my herbs, and I do my best with my diet changes and he just does what ever the umm he wants.  The thing that erks me the most is when he is eating or drinking something he knows I am trying to aviod he says, "Honey you want a taste."  "Yes, I want a flippin taste but I am going to say no because I want a baby more."  I tell him that is bothers me but he still does it.  I have put it in terms he would understand and still happens. 

I also have this little meditation that I listen too and I like to listen to it before I go to bed.  Well in a perfect world I would play it on my ihome with my ipod but DH doesn't like listening to it when he goes to bed.  I would just do it anyways but I don't want his negative thoughts while I am listening to it and that would be counter productive.  But I also dislike getting wrapped in earphones as I sleep.  I finally found a good use for my ihome (was my b-day present last year from DH) and he doesn't like me to use it that way. 

Thanks for listening to my rant....I started this in a discussion and soon realized I was venting.  Thank you for listening.

Photobucket

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/1fb3c7

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
TTC TTC #1 since June 2006, Me 27& DH 29, IVF #1 ICSI and AH ~ BFN, IVF #2 Sept or Oct, DX ~ DOR not POF, TTC w/ the assitance of Traditional Chinese Medicine

CLICK HERE FOR MY SISTERS WEDDING PICS

PhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket

Photobucket

Pages

iVillage Member
Thu, 07-10-2008 - 11:06am

I'm sorry you are having such a tough time.

Pregnancy ticker
iVillage Member
Thu, 07-10-2008 - 12:19pm

Thank you Jen, sometimes it is just nice to let it all out.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Thu, 07-10-2008 - 1:36pm

I KWYM with dear hubby.

iVillage Member
Thu, 07-10-2008 - 8:41pm

I can kind-of relate. DH had not-so-great results on his last SA in the motility and morphology categories, but had huge total #'s/ml. So, his thing was that, he didn't have to worry about it b/c 1) he had high #'s to "make up for" the stinky mot & morph, and 2) lots of ppl who do IVF do ICSI (where they inject one super-swimmer in each egg instead of it being a free-for-all) and we had to do that anyway, so they were going to get one of the few super-duper ones for each egg. So, he didn't worry about caffiene intake so much. (Neither of us drink, so, fortunately, we haven't had to cross that bridge.) And, recently, he found out that he has to go into work during the time we do the PIO shots in the AM and was like, "Can't you do these yourself?" What did you just say??? Can I reach around and give myself a shot in the hmm-mmm? (And he's been doing these the whole time, so he knows it's next to impossible.) We do everything else and they have to do one little thing...Oh, well. DH's...

Is he weirded out by the TCM? (Let me note here: *I'm* not, and I don't think it's weird. It's actually pretty neat, but I can see my DH thinking, "What on earth is she doing?" if I did it.) My DH is *still* weirded out at times about IF and how making babies actually works (besides the obvious...LOL!), talking about timing and what's going on in women's bodies at certain cycle dates.

And, IF is so crazy anyway. It really brings out the worst in us at times...and, fortunately, the best in us other times.

(((HUGS))) to you! Hope you guys get to sit down and talk about this (sanely!) soon.

Tracy, 28 - FXS Carrier/POF

iVillage Member
Thu, 07-10-2008 - 9:15pm
We did get to sit down and talk.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 07-11-2008 - 10:39am

More meds are arriving today from Freedom so I'll look at little more closely tonight.

Pregnancy ticker
iVillage Member
Fri, 07-11-2008 - 12:05pm

Jen,

That is great that you and your acupuncturist believe that this isn't your last chance.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 07-11-2008 - 2:38pm
I'm so glad that you guys got to talk it out. You never know what these guys are trying to do when they do what they do. (Did that make *any* sense?) And they think we're the weird, unpredictable ones? LOL!

DH, 28

One IVF w/PGD - BFN

One

iVillage Member
Fri, 07-11-2008 - 5:08pm

I did finish the Infertility Cure,

Pregnancy ticker
iVillage Member
Fri, 07-11-2008 - 9:57pm

Jen,