Beta shows small traces of hormone, BUT

iVillage Member
Beta shows small traces of hormone, BUT
Thu, 08-07-2008 - 5:46pm

So the nurse called to tell me the beta showed a very very tiny level of the pg hormone. Like 3.5 when normal is 50. So she warned that it could be the trigger leaving my system. Would the trigger still be in my body 15 days after the injection???? I'm going back tomorrow for more b/w. This is really making me so crazy, to be told "you may or may not be, we're not sure." All I can say is, all month long I was sure I was. I had symptoms I did not have the month prior - pink spotting, sore nipples, etc....But the nurse also warned that the IUI can cause pinkness as can the progesterone. But last month I had none of that whatsoever!! My mom also felt that I was pg. She kept telling me how beautiful I looked. She's been so great...she came with me today for the bloodwork cause I was so hysterical. Sometimes I think God is cruel - like this morning, there was a newborn in the elevator of my building as I was leaving the house, and then the receptionist at the RE had the name I want to give my baby girl. That really got me bawling.

So please, please send me your thoughts and wishes and prayers that my beta numbers go UP tomorrow. I will also poas tomorrow morning to look for a faint line, you never know.

Has anybody gone through this???? Thanks all.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 08-07-2008 - 7:00pm

Oh Caren, this is the hard part about all of this.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Thu, 08-07-2008 - 10:08pm

Camping sounds like so much fun! Enjoy! Thanks for thinking of me. I don't think that number is too promising at all and I doubt it will go up. I mean, 3.5 is a