Update: I fertilized but didn't implant

iVillage Member
Update: I fertilized but didn't implant
Fri, 08-08-2008 - 8:36am

Went to the RE again today for a second blood test regarding my low Hcg levels. They told me that the traces of Hcg were DEFINITELY NOT from the trigger - that there was NO WAY that it could still be in my system 15 days later. They said I WAS pregnant - I fertilized my egg - but then it didn't take. Holy cow!!!!

Thing is, I'm pretty sure that I succeeded in fertilizing my egg on three other occasions during other months - I had pregnancy symptoms those times too - particularly sore nipples starting 3 days after fertilization. I'm almost positive that if had gotten betas those times, it would have shown traces of Hcg.

I'm hoping to see RE today but he is fully booked and going on vacation. I want him to squeeze me in for just 10 minutes so that I can ask him WHY I'm not implanting, even with the progesterone. Do I need vitamins? A higher progesterone dose? It's kind of like I'm having very very early miscarriages...

What do you all think? And do you think it's a really good sign that my body can fertilize an egg and that I was a teeny bit pregnant? It still hurts a lot to know it didn't take, though........ Thanks for listening.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 08-08-2008 - 11:25am

Caren,

I say that is a great thing that your eggs are fertilizing, that is half the battle.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sun, 08-10-2008 - 4:19am

Caren,

I am sorry for your loss(s).

2010siggie.gif picture by NELSON311

iVillage Member
Sun, 08-10-2008 - 12:35pm

Thanks, Steph.

I don't think I had the workups you described though I had comprehensive bloodwork and all came out clean. But I can certainly inquire about that. I am going to do one more round of Clomid/IUI but this time the RE is adding Estrace (estrogen) to my regiment. Perhaps that will make a difference? RE wants me to move on to IVF and skip injectibles after that. Frankly I think it's too soon for IVF