2 FLIPPIN WW

iVillage Member
2 FLIPPIN WW
Thu, 08-14-2008 - 8:49am

OOOOOOOOOoook, I'm done with this whole 2ww thing, it is waaaay over rated! I know myself, when I get really excited about a BFP I start to imagine symptoms. Last time I was preggers, I got late afternoon sickness, DH said I became very saracastic which is totally out of character for me, I'm not a fan of sarcasm, I HAD to have fish every day, and I hate fish, and I couldn't sleep one night b/c all I could think about was Lays Original potato chips, EEEEEP! So, how in the world do I keep my mind off of this particular 2ww. I say this particular one b/c I just have a very stong positive feeling about this cycle. After my HSG I just felt almost euphoric about TTC. So I don't want to get to hopeful only to have a BFN, I just don't want tot hink about it. I have my cake classes, but that's just once a week, PLUS DH starts 2nd shift next week so I'll only get to see him 2 hours each day. LOTS of time to think and be antsy by myself.

I'm racking my brain to try and find things to do to keep my mind busy. Any ideas? What have ya'll done?

I'm into baking, reading, games and long walks on the beach, he he he (jk)

wedding2-1.jpg picture by Sbaltozer

Photobucket
iVillage Member
In reply to: romanbalt
Thu, 08-14-2008 - 9:31am
I know sometimes it is hard to make yourself not think about it.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Thu, 08-14-2008 - 2:49pm

Roman, it sounds like we're soul mates on a dating service! I, too, and into baking, reading, games, and long walks on the beach but I also enjoy creating art. LOL! Too bad I don't have a beach to take a long walk on (nearest is 4 hours away).

Seriously, though, I think I have a distraction for you. I've just started reading a book called "Trail of Crumbs." It's a memoir by Kim Sunee. At three years old her mother dropped her off in a marketplace in Korea with a handful of food. She ended up being adopted by a family in New Orleans and then moved to France when she married a Frenchman. It is all about life, family, food, and

Erin & Ryan Sig
iVillage Member
Thu, 08-14-2008 - 9:09pm

My advice is to get obsessed about something - anything but 2ww. Maybe find a celebrity to develop a crush on? I'm totally serious, even though it's a silly thing to do. Whatever works, right? I'm a little obsessed with gymnastics and sudoku these days. It helps to keep my mind off you know what. I've also decided to lose a little weight - like 5 pounds - so maybe I'll obsess about that and hit the treadmill more. I know, 2ww SUCKS!!!!

TTC a little over a year; Dx: Suspected hormonal imbalance, short luteal phase. But mostly unexplained. DH is normal. IUI #1 with 100mg Clomid, progesterone suppositories
iVillage Member
Fri, 08-15-2008 - 2:07am
OK, I think I got it! Erin and Caren, you guys are GENIUSES!!! So between the book that Erin recommended ( which I will read, b/c I'm looking for a new book) I found this girl who has a very successful cake business in my area and it's all very different (if you watch Ace of Cakes on food network, she's that talented!) well as it turns out, she and I just spoke on the phone and she will be coming into my class next week to check out my work (to possibly apprentice me, she is a former student of my teacher). For the next week, I am going to be ABSOLUTELY obsessed with picking the right theme for a cake to impress her. I'm already obsessed with it!!!! And don't you worry about that celebrity crush, Caren, I already got it down. RYAN GOSLING! MMMMMMM MMMMMMM MMMMMMMM the kid from The Notebook. The sad part is, look at DH (below) and pull up a pick of Ryan Gosling, THEY'RE TWINS!!! he he he
I'l be back next week to get more suggestions about 1ww! he he he he!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 08-15-2008 - 11:53am

So yesterday

Erin & Ryan Sig
iVillage Member
Fri, 08-15-2008 - 1:49pm

Yup, now I'm really gonna read it!!!!!

BTW: how did your HSG go? Did the radiologist tell you anything before you left? Was it as painful as mine or was it just uncomfortable?

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 08-15-2008 - 7:29pm

That all sounds really great! Wonderful obsessions :) !! Yes, Ryan Gosling is a cutie. I wish I could sample one of your cakes, I bet they're delicious! What a great job to have, making cakes! If only more people made cakes instead of say, weapons and bombs, the world would be a better place! I know that sounds lame, but I totally admire you!

Hang in there! - Caren

TTC a little over a year; Dx: Suspected hormonal imbalance, short luteal phase. But mostly unexplained. DH is normal. IUI #1 with 100mg Clomid, progesterone suppositories
iVillage Member
Sun, 08-17-2008 - 2:52pm

Thanks for asking about my HSG :) I didn't have the most pleasant experience nor would I say it was the worst. I had a lot of pain when they inserted the catheter and blew up the little balloon to hold it in place. I laid there counting the tiny holes in the air vent on the ceiling to try to take my mind off it! (There were 86 holes in each row, by the way.)

When they injected the dye it wasn't bad at all since my tubes were clear. The bad part came after he removed the catheter - I cramped up so bad I just laid on the table for 30 minutes before I sat up, then I sat there for another 15. I thought I was going to pass out.

Once I was feeling well enough to stand up I cleaned up and dressed.

Erin & Ryan Sig
iVillage Member
Sun, 08-17-2008 - 4:09pm
OMG!!!!! Erin, congrats! I'm so glad to hear your tubes are clear! that's surprising that the worst parts were the catheters! I didn't even notice them at all! it was the dye that killed me b/c one of my tubes didn't spill! Man, I wished I'd thought of counting the dots on the ceiling, that totally would have helped. I was actually laying there thinking "do I REALLY want to go through pain worse than this to deliver?" But MIL said that child birth is actually LESS painful than her HSG, not only did she have a blocked tube but her uterus was growing a sort of septum down the middle. (EEP!) But I totally felt like I was going to pass out too, for me though, I just think it was the shock of not really knowing how painful it was going to be. My RE appt is on tues, so hopefully she'll know if my HSG cleared out the blockage without having another (double EEP!).
That's crazy about the bubbles, I guess it affects people differently. Did the Dr. tell you to BD soon? They say it's PRIMO time since everything is clean as a whistle!
I'm going to Border's tomorrow so I will definitely start that book. Again, congrats!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 08-18-2008 - 9:03am

well the Doc didn't tell

Erin & Ryan Sig