Hitting my breaking point.....

iVillage Member
Hitting my breaking point.....
Mon, 08-18-2008 - 4:16pm

Ok so today is only day 1 back to work and I am already frazzled.  I spent several hours working on the schedule and to have 2 unflexable women mess it up.  I understand it wasn't perfect but just deal with it everything isn't always going to be perfect.  Sometimes I love teaching but this is the part that I definately do not like.  I am sooo stressed and I just want to curl up in a ball and cry.  What will tomorrow bring?  Oh yes my fav (not) music teacher meeting.  We talk about the same things every year.  No wonder teachers ditch the meeting to work on their rooms.

Photobucket

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/1fb3c7

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
TTC TTC #1 since June 2006, Me 27& DH 29, IVF #1 ICSI and AH ~ BFN, IVF #2 Sept or Oct, DX ~ DOR not POF, TTC w/ the assitance of Traditional Chinese Medicine

PhotobucketPhotobucket 

Photobucket

"If you take each challenge one step at a time, with faith and every footstep, your strength and understanding will increase."  -James E. Faust

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-18-2008 - 5:30pm

Take a deep breath, Susan. *inhale... exhale... inhale... exhale*

Last year I worked with a very unproductive teaching team and I thought that the worst part about teaching was dealing with colleagues who had different approaches, especially those who are very set in their ways.

Try to focus on what joy the kids will bring in a few weeks. Remember why you're a teacher :) Tomorrow will also bring another opportunity to reinvent yourself as a professional. That's what I love about this career - you can reinvent yourself every year and it's never ho-hum.

BTW what level do you teach?

Erin

Erin & Ryan Sig
iVillage Member
Mon, 08-18-2008 - 5:37pm

I am a general music teacher so I teach a school full of studnets k-5.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-19-2008 - 8:14am

My principal took all the planning and decision making away from the teachers for the schedule for that very reason. She does ALL the scheduling for who goes where and when, then she says "If you don't like it, get a new job!" LOL! She's really a sweet lady and a wonderful boss, but she knows how to lay down the law! My taem was griping because we don't have enough time for Language Arts in the morning before lunch, but no one dared say anything.

I wish you could come teach k-5 at my school! I can't stand our music teacher. She insults the children and is a very unpleasant woman. I'd much rather have you! :)

Erin

Erin & Ryan Sig
iVillage Member
Tue, 08-19-2008 - 9:22pm
I would love to work with you too, but I am stuck for another year.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-19-2008 - 9:52pm

Glad to hear you're going with a positive outlook tomorrow.

I have to go sit through a crappy math training all day tomorrow. I already did the one for the kindergarten last year and now I have to do it for first this year. It's basically the same approach and program, just different lessons. UGH! Then Thursday I have an RE appt with a US in the middle of the day, so I probably

Erin & Ryan Sig
iVillage Member
Wed, 08-20-2008 - 7:02am
Yup, we have to do what we have to do!!! Have a great day today and hopefully we get something done in our classrooms.

Photobucket