Why Does RE Contradict Himself???

iVillage Member
Why Does RE Contradict Himself???
Fri, 08-22-2008 - 5:53pm
So my RE was trying to explain why I had a chemical pregnancy last month. He said it's because I'm in the "35 years and up group" so my eggs are probably not too great. I said wait a second, I'm 34 and I've only been 34 for 3 months. Last time I'd seen him, I asked him if I'd shot myself in the foot by delaying ttc to go to grad school. He said NO, because the fertility of a woman between the ages of 27 thru 34 stays exactly the same - there's no difference in the egg quality of a 27 versus a 34 year old woman. So why is he now dumping me into the 35 and over group when last time I was in the 27-34 group???? I REFUSE to believe that I have rotten eggs at the tender age of 34. He is such a pain in the neck, this guy is. The bottom line is these REs have no idea why we are not conceiving, most of the time. So they make stuff up. As Mark Twain said, there are lies, damn lies and statistics!!

TTC a little over a year; Dx: Suspected hormonal imbalance, short luteal phase. But mostly unexplained. DH is normal. IUI #1 with 100mg Clomid, progesterone suppositories - BFN; IUI #2 with 100mg Clomid, progesterone - small traces of hcg hormone; suspected chemical pregnancy; On to IUI #3; adding Estrace (estrogen) to the treatment and continuing progesterone

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 08-22-2008 - 6:25pm

Caren, I HATE western throught about fertility.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 08-22-2008 - 8:51pm
Thank you. I totally believe what you are saying. So many women get pregnant by accident in their forties when they are relaxed and totally not thinking about it. So you are right, it's bull. I would love to hear more about what you learned in Chinese medicine.
iVillage Member
Fri, 08-22-2008 - 9:22pm

I wish I could say it has been great but I have been in this weird funk since I returned home.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 08-22-2008 - 9:31pm
Don't let him throw you in the over 35 group - I'm there and I don't want you to have to come and join yet!

Isabel
Mom to Sebastian Robert after 3+ years of infertility

iVillage Member
Sat, 08-23-2008 - 12:29am

Caren,

I am sorry that your RE is coming off so negative!

- Misty, 34 DH 33  TTC since April 2006 with PCOS.  6 failed Clomid/IUI cycles in 2008. Six month break, six months of&n
iVillage Member
Sat, 08-23-2008 - 8:14am

Oh, Susan, I am so sorry!!! (((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))!!!

You of all people don't deserve any of this aggravation, because you are such a sweet person and you've worked so hard on being calm and at peace at your fertility retreat. It's horrible to work with bad people, that used to be my life too. I would definitely look for a change if you are not happy - sometimes, changing your environment is the solution. I used to be with a very unfriendly company at work. Now I am with a good company filled with good people and it changes everything.

Did you just get AF? Maybe you feel like crying because of the hormones most of all, and you will feel better after AF is gone? AF can make everything seem a little blacker than it is, though you totally have legitimate reasons to feel as bad as you do. I hope you get to see your family again soon - I only get to see my dad once a year so I know the feeling of missing your loved ones.

I hope you have fun with your friends tonight. Bummer that DH didn't get you anything, but men are clueless in general, aren't they?

Sending you big big (((((((((HUGS)))))))))))!!! I'll be on my computer again later this evening if you need to vent again.

TTC a little over a year; Dx: Suspected hormonal imbalance, short luteal phase. But mostly unexplained. DH is normal. IUI #1 with 100mg Clomid, progesterone suppositories
iVillage Member
Sat, 08-23-2008 - 8:16am

Thanks, you are so right. As I said to Susan, so many women conceive without even thinking about it, totally by accident,

iVillage Member
Sat, 08-23-2008 - 8:32am

Caren,

I think has a little to do with AF, but a lot of this issues I have with my JOB are the same that I have had for the past 4 years.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sat, 08-23-2008 - 9:48am
Well, everyone is entitled to a bad day, even on their birthday! Like the song 'it's my party and I'll cry if I want to" :) I'm glad today is turning out to be better for you. Thanks for your good wishes - I'm off to the RE now, so think of me!!

TTC a little over a year; Dx: Suspected hormonal imbalance, short luteal phase. But mostly unexplained. DH is normal. IUI #1 with 100mg Clomid, progesterone suppositories
iVillage Member
Sat, 08-23-2008 - 5:23pm
Good luck!!!!!

Isabel
Mom to Sebastian Robert after 3+ years of infertility