Roman, how are you?

iVillage Member
Roman, how are you?
Mon, 09-01-2008 - 9:13pm

Roman, how are you? I know you said you'd be a little absent for a while, but I'm thinking of you and wondering how things are going.

*Hugs*

Erin

Erin & Ryan Sig

Pages

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-01-2008 - 10:21pm
I am going to join in here with Erin.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-02-2008 - 8:51am
I'll triple that.

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-02-2008 - 9:28am

OMG!! You guys are too sweet! I'm actually doing ok. I've decided to leave august behind. Actually thanks Terri for that post about talking to family about IF, on that website I found an article of the Do's and Don't's of what family can do to support their IF daughter that I emailed to my dad.

My sis is due on the 11th and RIGHT NOW I'm so excited, who knows what will happen when he gets here. Though I think I'll be even more happy just b/c I'm sooooo in love with my first nephew! And Ashten will be my nephew and Godson which DH and I are ready to spoil!

I'm also considering a break for October, frankly, I'm terrified about it b/c I'm thinking what if that's the month that it's supposed to happen. But I've also heard that the 3 months after HSG are very fertile so maybe I'll take my break starting in

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 09-02-2008 - 9:40am

Hi Roman-

Your writing certainly sounds more positive.

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-02-2008 - 1:58pm

Roman,

The book I recomend is "The Infertility Cure" by Randine Lewis.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-02-2008 - 6:45pm

Roman, I'm so glad to see you in better spirits. You had me worried there for a while. I pray that everything goes well for your sister's delivery. I'll second the notion that it's a wonderful outlook to see this as God's plan for you to help your sister. I'm a strong believer in "everything happens for a reason" and this is one of those reasons.

Susan, I didn't know you were looking into surrogacy, but I'm thrilled that your sister is willing! God bless surrogates! It takes a very special and generous person to be a surrogate. I wish you all the best.

Erin

Erin & Ryan Sig
iVillage Member
Tue, 09-02-2008 - 8:33pm
The funny things is I wasn't looking into surrogracy but DE.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-02-2008 - 9:07pm
That is such an exciting step, Susan.

Isabel
Mom to Sebastian Robert after 3+ years of infertility

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-02-2008 - 9:37pm
Each person journey is different and we have to decide what we want to do.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-02-2008 - 10:27pm

Thanks so much for your thoughts ladies!! I'm actually very wary about IF books. I'm curious to know what about "the infertility Cure" gave you hope? After our MC, DH's boss gave him "preventing Miscarriage" for us to read and I threw it away. There were chapters and chapters of what women do to bring on a MC, everything from the obvious smoking, drinking and drug use, to eating chocolate (which is actually incredibly healthy for pregnant women, the dark, you have a lower chance of preclampsia, gestational diabetes, and hypertension) and listening to an ipod. Now I didn't smoke drink or do drugs, but I certainly ate chocolate and listened to my ipod. I refused to believe I brought this on myself!

I'm glowing for your peace about your plan B. Erin is right, it certainly does take an incredible person to be a surrogate, and your sister is amazing to step up for you. What a great sister! I actually very much envy that your plan B has brought you such comfort. At this point, I couldn't imagine what a hard decision that was for you and DH to come to, but I'm so giddy that you are at such peace. Hopefully though those IVF's will be YOUR baby bump!!!

wedding2-1.jpg picture by Sbaltozer

Photobucket

Pages