I don't have a Kid so I wasn't invited

iVillage Member
I don't have a Kid so I wasn't invited
Fri, 09-05-2008 - 6:34pm

I'm seriously bumming out here.....One of my friends is having a bday party for her little girl.....Its at one of those Play House places like a Chucky Cheese.....well anyways apparently since I don't have kids I wasn't invited.....I wouldn't have wanted to go anyways.....But it just hurts....all of my friends are going to be there, because they all have kids.....I'm so tired of this, I'm tired of always being the one without the kids, so I feel out of place when I do go to these bday parties....or like now I'm in tears because I don't have kids and I wasn't even invited......why does it feel like your a social outcast when you don't have a child?  Why am I so upset when I wouldn't have even wanted to go in the first place?

This SUCKS!!!

Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 09-05-2008 - 6:48pm

Sure does suck and I've been there, totally.

Try to hang out with childless friends. If you don't have any, try to make some - I know, easier said than done, but it makes all the difference in the world in my life. I have friends who actually don't want a husband and kids, and it's refreshing. For your sanity, try to find these people and you will not feel like an outcast. Even just one person.

Thinking of you,

Caren

TTC a little over a year; Dx: Suspected hormonal imbalance, short luteal phase. But mostly unexplained. DH is normal. IUI #1 with 100mg Clomid, progesterone suppositories
iVillage Member
Fri, 09-05-2008 - 7:51pm

That's so rude and thoughtless that you weren't invited. So what if you don't have a kid? It's polite!

I felt like an outcast when DH and I went on vacation. We went to this little aquarium in Maine, and we were the only people there without a child. Well, DH and I were standing at the shark-petting tank and this granny was shooting us the NASTIEST look b/c, I guess, we were taking up precious space. She didn't stop giving us dirty looks until we LEFT!

Photobucket

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 09-05-2008 - 8:35pm

I'm sorry...that really sucks.

Isabel
Mom to Sebastian Robert after 3+ years of infertility

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-05-2008 - 10:08pm
iVillage Member
Sat, 09-06-2008 - 7:55am

Thanks you guys!!!!!!......I knew you'd all understand......It's just gets old.....the same kind of crap happens with my in laws.....my DH has one brother and they have 2 kids so its like we have to plan every get together we have around there schedule, I guess when you don't have children your plans aren't as important, or sometimes not even considered.....I only have 2 friends that don't have kids, and that's only because they aren't married yet, I'm sure as soon as they get married they will pop out a bunch of

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sat, 09-06-2008 - 2:32pm

O, girl, O! lol :) *hugs*

Erin

Erin & Ryan Sig
iVillage Member
Sat, 09-06-2008 - 9:01pm
GL Jeanne and Happy BDing...We are BD and it looks like O will be tomorrow for me!!!

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sun, 09-07-2008 - 3:24pm

I hear you sister!

iVillage Member
Sun, 09-07-2008 - 11:02pm

Wow, that really stinks! I can totally understand how it's a catch-22 - you wouldn't want to go anyway, but since all your friends will be there, you would have at least wanted to be invited, so you at least feel wanted and included even if you say no.

I also hear you about having to plan everything around BIL's schedule because of their kids.

Mom to Silas Walker, born July 2009, thanks to IVF. :)
iVillage Member
Mon, 09-08-2008 - 9:15am
I'm sorry that really does suck. And maybe you're right, maybe she had really great intentions. That she wanted to save you from the awkward decline to the invitation only reminding you of why you don't want to go. May be a bit naive but if it helps. I totally agree with completely pampering yourself. Go out with a childless friend and get your nails did, and your hairs did(HEHE), grab some coffee
Photobucket