Getting a great feeling...

iVillage Member
Getting a great feeling...
Wed, 09-10-2008 - 9:13am
ok so on top of the most CM I've ever seen, I get to switch RE'S!!!!!!!!!! YAY! the insurance changed and I get to go the RE of my choice. So when I called my last RE to get the test results mailed to me, she just went ahead and gave me results!! You're not going to believe this!!!! In July my progesterone levels at CD 21 were 9.11, just slighty below average, in August my progesterone levels at CD21 were (drum roll please)........... 14.22!!!! 14.22, can you believe that!?!?!?!?!? it jumped that high!!!! For no reason, all I'm taking right now are my pre natels. I couldn't believe it myself! I think that's  I just have a really great feeling! I know I still have to be tested for anti sperm anti bodies, but I'm really not worried about it. I HIGHLY doubt that's what's going on. I really think my problem was implantation (that's just my gut feeling), but with all this CM and great Prog #'s, I dunno, seems pretty ideal to me. I have been taking those O urine tests and they keeping coming back negative. Though all my tests show that I AM O and RE even saw (some how) that my fallopian tubes showed my O on the last U/S. And wasn't it you, Susan, that told me those urine O tests are a bit crappy and not really all that accurate? I'm honestly not worried about those stupid O tests either. HOPEFULLY my mettleschmerz will come back and tell me for sure that I'm O. Oh lordy, I'm flyin! I'm so high on excitment right now! WOOP WOOP! Maybe God was waiting for baby Ashten to arrive before he wanted to give me my chance. Maybe He wanted was all my focus to be on that PRECIOUS little man, and then He'll give me one of my own!

wedding2-1.jpg picture by Sbaltozer

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 09-10-2008 - 5:33pm
That sounds great!

iVillage Member
Wed, 09-10-2008 - 7:06pm

Woohoo! O, baby, O!

It's good to see you in high spirits!

Erin

Erin & Ryan Sig
iVillage Member
Wed, 09-10-2008 - 10:33pm

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 09-10-2008 - 11:37pm
That's awesome to hear! I think the fact that you are less depressed these days had a lot to do with it, maybe. I know how difficult August was for you. Positive thinking and attitudes help!! I feel that for myself too!! Go Roman Go!

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-11-2008 - 12:23pm

Hey Terri one thing I don't really understand. So if my LH surge isn't long enough for an OPK to read, does that mean that I only have a little blip of time to BD? Does that mean that my O isn't strong enough to conceive? I should probably know this! HA HA HA!

wedding2-1.jpg picture by Sbaltozer

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 09-11-2008 - 12:56pm

Hi Roman,

I don't really know the answer to this, but I think that you still have time.

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-11-2008 - 6:32pm

It's possible that your LH surge isn't strong enough to make you O. However, if you O then that's that. Any O is a potential BPF along with a well-timed course of BDing.

Erin

Erin & Ryan Sig
iVillage Member
Sat, 09-13-2008 - 8:19pm

A short LH surge may still be fine for O. I think it's supposed to be short, actually, so if you don't happen to be surging when you test, you could miss it.

As long as you BD in the couple of days ahead of O, you're totally fine. The goal is not to BD right when you're surging, but in the couple of days ahead of it so the little swimmers are already there waiting for the little egg to journey down!

Do you temp? Usually that helps show if you've O'ed, or at least give you an idea.

The best way to know for sure if you O'ed is to get a blood test for progesterone about 7 days after you've ovulated. I just had one, which confirmed that I didn't O (as I'd thought, despite one of the REs claiming I had - my progesterone was still in the basement, so that settled that).

Good luck -

--KJ

KJ (32) & DH (39)
PCOS Dx 3/04, confirmed 6/08
Off BCP since 12/07; irregular cycles (42-96 days long)
Ovulated right off pill 1/08, but likely no O since (possible unsuitable O?)
8/08: Clomid 100mg round; NO O; Cannot take Clomid again due to visual s/e
9/08: Waiting to take Provera to start new cycle with injectables
Mom to Silas Walker, born July 2009, thanks to IVF. :)