ultrasound update

iVillage Member
ultrasound update
Thu, 09-18-2008 - 6:42pm
I just got back from my ultrasound. First a vent- My appt. was as 1:45 and i had to be there with a full bladder. Well 30 min. later i was about to pee in their waiting room. The office said she will be another 30 min. WHAT!!! i couldn't hold it that long. They let me go and said the bladder would fill again. You know if i wanted my appt. to be at 3 thats when i would have made it. When I finally got back there and the ultrasound was done she told me everything looked fine but she wanted to check inside. So we did that and she is concerned about scar tissue so she wants a sample. OK I innocently think. Lets do it now so I don't have to come back. That was the most painful thing next to childbirth and perhaps worse because the only painreliever I got was three ibuprophens 5 minutes before. Don't they take 20 minutes to work? At least with birth you get an epidural. I could have used on for that. Thank god I had my husband come back because I don't think I could have handled that pain without him. It look good but I might have a blockage I thought she said overy but that doesn't sound right. And there is scar tissue. But she said I'm right on schedule with my cycle and to BD when I ovulate. sometimes when she goes in there and fills it with water and manipulates things it makes other things flow right. So there is a small chance thigns could work.(Now if I could get my husbands schedule to work). I need to go in for another U/S next month to see if the mass moved, I may need surgery to remove it. How different her diagnosis is from the other docter. He did one blood test and said I'm sorry, you can't conceive. even if i still can't do this on my own i feel better about the whole thing. Thanks for listening to me ramble
Photobucket

Pages

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-18-2008 - 6:48pm
hi there,
what a stressful afternoon! i'm always amazed at how thoughtless some people can be. anyway, sounds like good news that she thinks you can get pg and to go ahead with the BDing. are you still in pain? my last transfer, which is supposed to be painless, was so painful i thought i was going to faint and/or vomit. RE couldn't get around my cervix and for 30 minutes i was in so much pain and just kept thinking: "i can't believe people can have sex to get pg!"

ana

TTC since Sept '06
Diagnosed w/ PCOS, DH diagnosed with azoospermia Dec '06, TESA Mar '07
IVF/ICSI/AZH#1 Aug'07, BFN (6 usable eggs, 5 embies, 2 transferred, 1st beta=18, 2nd beta=12, 0 made it to blast to freeze)
IVF/ICSI#2:retrieval Nov'07, FET sched Jan'08, no embryos to transfer (23 usable eggs, 12 embies, 0 made it to transfer)
IVF/ICSI#3: retrieval Mar'08, FET May'08, BFN (13 usable eggs, 7 fertilized w/ DH sperm= 0 blasts, 6 fertlized w/ DS=3 blasts, all 3 transferred, 1st beta=74, 2nd beta=64, 3rd beta=42)
1st cycle IUI/clomid/donor sperm postponed due to lack of follicular growth on 100mg clomidx5days. 2nd cycle: Clomid (200mg CD5-9), IUI 9/9, waiting...

ana

mom to beautiful baby lia.
iVillage Member
Thu, 09-18-2008 - 6:55pm
It hurt so bad and I can still feel it. They say no BD for three days and before the procedure we laughed but now...I don't want to be touched there. There will be NO problem not BDing for three days. I too feel faint and like i want to puke.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 09-18-2008 - 6:58pm
i know that horrible pain that feels like a weird kind of pressure. i took lots of tylenol and did plenty of lying around. i wish they had prepared you for it! take it as easy as you can; have DH do things for you!!

ana

TTC since Sept '06
IVF/ICSI/AZH#1 Aug'07, BFN (6 usable eggs, 5 embies, 2 transferred, 1st beta=18, 2nd beta=12, 0 made it to blast to freeze)
IVF/ICSI#2:retrieval Nov'07, FET sched Jan'08, no embryos to transfer (23 usable eggs, 12 embies, 0 made it to transfer)
IVF/ICSI#3: retrieval Mar'08, FET May'08, BFN (13 usable eggs, 7 fertilized w/ DH sperm= 0 blasts, 6 fertlized w/ DS=3 blasts, all 3 transferred, 1st beta=74, 2nd beta=64, 3rd beta=42)
1st cycle IUI/clomid/donor sperm postponed due to lack of follicular growth on 100mg clomidx5days. 2nd cycle: Clomid (200mg CD5-9), IUI 9/9, waiting...

ana

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-18-2008 - 9:56pm
I know, they tell you it will hurt a little. I just about flew off the table. DH had to literaly hold me down. I think it was when they were taking the sample off the scar tissue but it hurt also when they were filling with water and then moving the balloon? around. there were shoots of pain going where i didn't it could hurt.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 09-19-2008 - 12:04am

Sorry you had such a rough day today. I hope you will be feeling better tomorrow.

Katie

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-19-2008 - 1:14am
Thank you. I'm just resting on the couch taking it easy and making my servant(DH) do my bidding. I'm already feeling better than i did when I left the drs.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 09-19-2008 - 9:13am
how are you feeling today? if you can, keep having DH serve you!!

ana

TTC since Sept '06

ana

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-19-2008 - 12:03pm
I'm feeling better, thanks. Last night before I went to bed it started hurting really bad again but not so much now. thank you for checking up on me
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sat, 09-20-2008 - 10:25am

Glad to hear you're feeling a little better.

They tell you to come with a full bladder knowing full-well that you're going to sit there totally uncomfortable for an hour or two! I had the same deal a few years back when I had a cyst rupture and they needed to look at the damage. I ended up sitting there for two hours with a full bladder and they wouldn't let me relieve myself until after the u/s!!!! I was livid! Now when they tell me that I make sure I go before I leave home and then I'll be refilled by the time they actually get to me.

Erin

Erin & Ryan Sig
iVillage Member
Sat, 09-20-2008 - 1:21pm
Wow, two hours? I thought mine was bad. At least they let me go. I'm just not a patient person. It also irritated me when another patient walked in after i had been there for 45 min and she walked right back. Maybe i'm wrong but i figure I make an appt for a reason. I know i'm going to sit but jeez. How are you?
Photobucket

Pages