Am I being too touchy?

iVillage Member
Am I being too touchy?
Wed, 09-24-2008 - 6:01pm

Hi Ladies.....

Sorry I haven't been around too much the past couple weeks. I was sick & didn't get out of bed for a few days, then depressed cause I'm in limbo & so I didn't get out of bed for a couple days. Then on Saturday afternoon my Grandmother had a heart attack and it's been touch and go for the past few days so I have been running on coffee and very little sleep.

......My mother keeps forwarding me Consumer Report recall information on baby items. She always adds the message "fwd this to your friends with babies,  Love Mom". I understand that she cares about my friends, and some of the information has been extremely helpful, but I get a little sad everytime I open my e-mail and there is something to do with baby in it. It's an emotional minefield. Sometimes I'm fine, and other times it sends me into an emotional downward spiral that feels impossible to get out of. My mother is extrememly supportive of DH and I's IF situation, and she's always been so aware of my feelings. I haven't mentioned it to her yet cause I don't want her to start getting wierd on me, like she has to sensor herself. GRRRR.....I just am so tired and exhausted and scared and unsure of everything going on around me I just cant think straight.

Thanks for listening.

Rach

Photobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Rachael (24) & CJ (24) : TTC since August 2005.

In Limbo --On BCP for 6 weeks to give my ovaries a break. Starting back on Clomid around 11/5

Photobucket

<
iVillage Member
Wed, 09-24-2008 - 6:26pm

OMG what a rough couple weeks you have had.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 09-24-2008 - 6:32pm

*Hugs* Rachel. I agree down to the last word. Tell her how you feel. If she knows these friends you could give her their emails and tell her to send them directly to those people so they get the valuable info and you don't get squeezed in the middle.

Hope things are improving with

Erin &amp; Ryan Sig
iVillage Member
Wed, 09-24-2008 - 9:14pm

Oh, geesh, you have had a very rough couple of weeks. I'm sorry to hear about your grandmother. I can imagine it's been scary. I hope her prognosis is good.

I agree with the others. Talk to your mom. Obviously, she does not realize that though she's trying to be helpful, it's difficult to take because it's always a reminder of what you don't have. She may feel like she's walking on eggshells for a while, but you should not have to apologize for your feelings.

- Connie

------------------------------

Me-37, DH-28

TTC 2 years - MFI

IVF #1 March 2008 - BFN (cycle too long/lining too old)

IVF #2 September 2008 - BFN

- Connie

------------------------------
Me-38, DH-29
TTC 2 years - MFI
IVF #1 M

iVillage Member
Wed, 09-24-2008 - 10:42pm

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-25-2008 - 10:57am
((((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))) Rachel. I'm so sorry you've had such a crazy few weeks!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 09-25-2008 - 4:35pm
((((HUGS))) Rachael.

Isabel
Mom to Sebastian Robert after 3+ years of infertility

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-25-2008 - 4:41pm

Hey Gals:

Thanks for the support. I was thinking of just waiting for the next one and replying to it with something like, "Thanks mom-- fwd it to so and so, they'll appreciate it" and giving her their e-mail addresses. I think she'd get the hint. I'm not going to say anything for now, my Grandmother is still kinda touch and go,

Photobucket

<
iVillage Member
Thu, 09-25-2008 - 5:04pm

hi rachael,

i'm so sorry you've had such a tough couple of weeks. glad to see you back on the board! and thanks for all your support. secondly, you are not overreacting. IF is a traumatic experience, and every time something triggers those feelings (ie: your mom's email) it all comes back. the tricky thing is that even loving and well-meaning people say or do things that are totally insensitive. my MIL, trying to be supportive, started telling me a story about when she was pg w/ DH, and i just said "i can't talk about this now" in a shaky voice, and she got the message. i wonder if it would work to reply to your mom's email with "thanks for thinking of me and my friends, but this subject is too hard for me to think about right now." that way, you're gently telling her what is or isn't ok to talk about.

ana

TTC since Sept '06
Diagnosed w/ PCOS, DH diagnosed with azoospermia Dec '06, TESA Mar '07
IVF/ICSI/AZH#1 Aug'07, BFN (6 usable eggs, 5 embies, 2 transferred, 1st beta=18, 2nd beta=12, 0 made it to blast to freeze)
IVF/ICSI#2:retrieval Nov'07, FET sched Jan'08, no embryos to transfer (23 usable eggs, 12 embies, 0 made it to transfer)
IVF/ICSI#3: retrieval Mar'08, FET May'08, BFN (13 usable eggs, 7 fertilized w/ DH sperm= 0 blasts, 6 fertlized w/ DS=3 blasts, all 3 transferred, 1st beta=74, 2nd beta=64, 3rd beta=42)
1st cycle IUI/clomid/donor sperm postponed due to lack of follicular growth on 100mg clomidx5days.

ana

mom to beautiful baby lia.