ARG!

iVillage Member
ARG!
Fri, 09-26-2008 - 11:44am
ok so some of you know that last night in class the women in class and I were talking about something. I had brought up something about my MC, and the one lady asked if DH and I had tried to get preggers since then, I said yes but I'm having some IF issues. so the instructor and the one girl start laughing. (the woman that asked in the first place didn't, she had secondary IF and didn't find anything funny about it) The one girl said that she wished she had to try, she had 2 unexpected pregnancies. I found that especially offensive b/c her son has lung cancer, I thought how dare she even say that, when her son could take a turn for the worst at any minute, THAT'S TERRIBLE. My instructor said that it was funny b/c I didn't look like the type that would even want kids. (WHATEVER THAT MEANS!!!!!) I'm guessing she means the tattoos, but I guess people with lots of tattoos can only party all the time and do drugs and whatever she expects us to do. WHATEVER! So now I'm debating on whether or not to return. Anywho, AF showed, 2 days early and I'm pissy and I'm upset and I just wanna quit. This isn't supposed to be happening to me. I kinda knew it wasn't gonna be this month, but I was still retaining hope. I'm seriously starting to wonder if it's just not in the cards for me. All my life, that is the only thing that remained constant, no matter what I wanted to do it was always in conjunction with being a mommy. That was the plan. I'm sorry I'm done, I can't write anymore.

wedding2-1.jpg picture by Sbaltozer

Photobucket

Pages

iVillage Member
In reply to: romanbalt
Fri, 09-26-2008 - 12:00pm
( ( ( ( H U G S ) ) ) ) i'm so sorry roman. Those are the kind of women that make me so angry, Those who can't appreciate their kids. And what the heck was that about you not looking like you don't want kids? I have tats too and a belly ring, gosh some people can be so, What is the word I am looking for, stupid? maybe. I for one think you will be a perfect mother. I'm also sorry AF showed up early. I too had a crappy night. It's too long to put here, but I wrote it in hugs and vents, it's about a miracle pregnancy. So read that and keep your hopes up, we will all get there.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 09-26-2008 - 12:11pm

I'm sorry Roman.

Isabel
Mom to Sebastian Robert after 3+ years of infertility

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-26-2008 - 12:17pm

(((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))

The insensitivity of some people continues to amaze me.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 09-26-2008 - 12:21pm
Oh. my. goodness. That's just awful! How do people get off saying some of these things? I wish people were more aware and sensitive...

autumnstroll.jpg picture by mlaspinall31

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-26-2008 - 1:30pm

Oh Roman (HUGS),

I am sorry that the women in your class are insensitve people.

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-26-2008 - 2:13pm
( ( ( HUGS ) ) ) Roman.....that type of insenstivity is the worse.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-26-2008 - 3:06pm

hey roman,

i am completely appalled at how those ladies treated you. that is totally beyond insensitive. i guess they find your health concerns and your utmost desires funny for some reason. really sick. please don't take any of this as a sign that you should give up or that it's not meant to be. i'm saying this b/c it's what i do...find all these superstitions, like if the elevator is not on my floor it means the cycle's not going to work. it happens b/c we're trying to make some kind of sense out of the randomness of IF. there are many people out there who don't deserve to be parents and are, and there are plenty of people out there putting everything on the line to have kids and have trouble. not fair at all. you deserve this, as all the women here do. our journeys are just harder. so sorry AF came. hey, you can be cycle buddies with me and terri! we're both on CD3.

ana

TTC since Sept '06
Diagnosed w/ PCOS, DH diagnosed with azoospermia Dec '06, TESA Mar '07
IVF/ICSI/AZH#1 Aug'07, BFN (6 usable eggs, 5 embies, 2 transferred, 1st beta=18, 2nd beta=12, 0 made it to blast to freeze)
IVF/ICSI#2:retrieval Nov'07, FET sched Jan'08, no embryos to transfer (23 usable eggs, 12 embies, 0 made it to transfer)
IVF/ICSI#3: retrieval Mar'08, FET May'08, BFN (13 usable eggs, 7 fertilized w/ DH sperm= 0 blasts, 6 fertlized w/ DS=3 blasts, all 3 transferred, 1st beta=74, 2nd beta=64, 3rd beta=42)
1st cycle IUI/clomid/donor sperm postponed due to lack of follicular growth on 100mg clomidx5days.

ana

mom to beautiful baby lia.
iVillage Member
Fri, 09-26-2008 - 4:31pm
I swear don't people think before they talk.....IF is NOT funny.....and you don't look like you want to be a mom....WTF what is a mom supposed to look like.....what a bunch of Ahole's....that ticks me off.....and I'm really sorry to hear about AF showing up......
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 09-26-2008 - 6:27pm

*hugs* Roman! I'm so sorry that you had to deal with those stupid people.

Just remember that you LOVE making cakes and you shouldn't let stupid people's insensitive comments stand in the way of your dreams - cake wise or baby wise.

And I think that you look like a wonderful mom-to-be!! You look loving,

Erin & Ryan Sig
iVillage Member
Mon, 09-29-2008 - 12:48pm
AWWW THANK you ladies so much for your support. DH told me the same thing you guys did and said that b/c I love cake decorating so much, I can't let them dictate what I do. So I'm just going to go in there and decorate my cake and zip the lip, and if they think I'm snobby, so be it. I was thinkin about it and I know TONS of what they call "alterna-parents". these are these
Photobucket

Pages