i'm back!

iVillage Member
i'm back!
Sat, 10-04-2008 - 10:45am

I'm back, ladies!!! and I am NEVER going back to Ohio!!!

The calling hours for DH's grandfather were a nightmare. The whole trip to Ohio was a nightmare. To make a long story short, they no longer consider DH "family" because he moved away and doesn't visit or "care" enough. We found out we weren't included in the family hour before public calling hours, but we went anyway b/c we found out from the funeral director when we dropped off our flowers. DH had a huge row with his mother over her stealing his identity and racking up debt under his name, and I had to hear about I'm so cold, I'm a cold-hearted person and I turned DH into this awful man...uggg I'm just glad to be home and back to normal!!

I did have a minor breakdown yesterday. DH's mother gave him a letter she had been writing since August. Turns out, she knew his grandfather was dying for MONTHS...but never told DH!! DH's mother ruins things that cannot be repaired.

But anyway, about my minor breakdown. Since DH and I have been married, his mother has put me into some warped competition with her best friend's daughter. DH's mother threw her a huge bridal shower (I didn't get one), helped pay for her wedding (we got literally no help). DH told his mother we don't want to know what "Sally" does and that he doesn't care. Anyway. On Tuesday, when I spoke to DH's mother to find out about the funeral arrangements, she kept talking to me like a moron about funeral stuff. I finally said, "Do you forget what I do for a living? I'm a FUNERAL DIRECTOR" and she says, "Kristy, I know what your career is". In that funny tone, meaning...unbeknownst to me!..that I chose a career and not a family, in her eyes. I had no clue what that was supposed to mean...until I opened this letter.

Sally is pregnant. With twins.

I was just so emotional about everything already, I just started bawling. I was sobbing to DH that it's not my fault I'm reproductively challenged and it's not my fault I can't give him babies, and he was livid at his mother because he TOLD her to basically shut up about Sally. And you know when you start just babbling because you're so upset? I just started crying and babbling about how Sally has my pregnancy, my twins, and she'll probably steal MY names and have a boy and a girl and I'll be barren forever. Looking back, I must have sounded comical! I have this stupid HSG exam that I'm NOT looking forward to on MOnday, and I get to hear about how easy it is for everyone else to get PG with freakin' twins. UG!

I'm soooo glad to be home :)

Photobucket  Photobucket

Photobucket                    

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sat, 10-04-2008 - 1:13pm

(((HUGS))) I am so sorry to hear you had a ronchy trip OH and that DH family is being petty and insensitive.

iVillage Member
Sat, 10-04-2008 - 1:43pm

dear kristy,

i'm so sorry you had to deal with all that! the last week i've been an emotional wreck, and it's no fun. people can say the most hurtful things. i'm glad you're back home. GL w/ the hsg mon!

ana

TTC since Sept '06
Diagnosed w/ PCOS, DH diagnosed with azoospermia Dec '06, TESA Mar '07
IVF/ICSI/AZH#1 Aug'07, BFN (6 usable eggs, 5 embies, 2 transferred, 1st beta=18, 2nd beta=12, 0 made it to blast to freeze)
IVF/ICSI#2:retrieval Nov'07, FET sched Jan'08, no embryos to transfer (23 usable eggs, 12 embies, 0 made it to transfer)
IVF/ICSI#3: retrieval Mar'08, FET May'08, BFN (13 usable eggs, 7 fertilized w/ DH sperm= 0 blasts, 6 fertlized w/ DS=3 blasts, all 3 transferred, 1st beta=74, 2nd beta=64, 3rd beta=42)
1st cycle IUI/clomid/donor sperm postponed due to lack of follicular growth on 100mg clomidx5days.

ana

mom to beautiful baby lia.
iVillage Member
Sat, 10-04-2008 - 3:22pm
(((HUGS))) Kristy we are glad you are home.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sat, 10-04-2008 - 3:53pm

OMG Kristy Lee ((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))) I promise that not everyone from OH is like that.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sat, 10-04-2008 - 4:12pm

*hugs*

I'm so sorry that all of this happened. Some women just can't deal with their sons meeting and marrying amazing women because they know that they are no longer the "love of their lives." It sounds like she's been down right cruel.

Hopefully things will look up now that you're home.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sat, 10-04-2008 - 10:32pm
AW honey, big hugs to you. I'm so sorry that your mil is such a "witch", ( I would use another term but-). IMHO, if that were my mom doing that to me I would have to burn that bridge, and I have done that with a few family members actually. Try not to worry too much about her, it will stress you out too much. We will all get our BFP someday. And "Sally's" twins will probably become big brats anyway.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-06-2008 - 8:37am

OM FRIGGIN G!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm shaking mad for you. Everything I want to say, you already know. Screw them, they need to mind their own flippin business... but I do know how frustrating it is when extended family acts like this when it would be incredible to have their support.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-06-2008 - 10:24am

lol Roman, your posts always make me smile :)

DH called his mom back again last night and left an angry voicemail telling her to NEVER mention "Sally" to us ever again, and to never disrespect me...ever. I'm so used to standing up for myself to people that I forgot how nice it was to have someone on my side :)

Email me and we'll figure out about Gettysburg. I'm not too happy, though, because it's supposed to rain and be miserable the 13-14-15!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-06-2008 - 11:41am
Well I'm such an idiot and have no idea how to email from here. so, email me Sophie.Baltozer@comcast.net (sophie's my first name I go by my middle name) and we'll figure this out!!!! Hope to hear from ya soon!
Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket