So sometimes nosiness is a good thing!

iVillage Member
So sometimes nosiness is a good thing!
Mon, 10-06-2008 - 12:02pm

First of all I'm such an idiot, I didn't even think that I work with like 15 nutritionists and dietitians and maybe they can help with IF. Anywho, since our calendars on our computers are public and I put all my RE appts on there b/c I will forget, one of the dietitians here was "trying to schedule a meeting" (I think she was just bored and being nosey) and came across an appointment that had my RE's name on it. She came into my office and was telling me that her sister had IF issues and went to that same RE, long story short she said she could help. She said that she put together a plan for her sister to help create a good healthy stable enviroment to conceive and that she could do the same for me. I thought well SUPER SWEET!! So between doing my Yoga, checking out what the chiropractor can do for me, my RE and this diet, I'm getting the total package. And since I can't afford the $5000-7000 that the TCM's around here charge, this is optimal for me!

BTW, anyone every heard of a chiropractor doing IF stuff? She said that she could just kind of help regulate my hormones and stabilize my body's stress reactions that sometimes hinder conception. It didn't sound like she'll be doing alot of cracking and bone things, but she said something about doing a saliva test instead of blood work to measure my hormones. She's a good friend of MIL's and she's not going to charge me full price for treatment. I thought that also was super sweet! Anyone that has had an experience with this, any info would be great!

Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket

Pages

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-06-2008 - 12:39pm
Roman that is GREAT... I have heard a little but not much, you are most likely the expert here :)

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-06-2008 - 12:40pm
WOW Roman, that is great news.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-06-2008 - 1:29pm

Hi Roman,

I have been going to

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-06-2008 - 3:23pm
So far, she just had me give her my info and she's actually going to write out an official actual plan. Definitely let me know what your chiropractor says next time you go. My appt is on friday, I just spoke with her again and she said along with a consult she's going to adjust my spine, she said that alone can help. I've never done it so I'm really looking forward to it.
Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-06-2008 - 4:12pm

hey roman,

sounds great! yes, i've heard of chiropractors dealing w/ IF, although have no info on success rates. i think the tx has to do with making sure the environment for the embies is as good as possible. i'll be interested to hear what the diet recommendations are. KUP!

ana

TTC since Sept '06
Diagnosed w/ PCOS, DH diagnosed with azoospermia Dec '06, TESA Mar '07
IVF/ICSI/AZH#1 Aug'07, BFN (6 usable eggs, 5 embies, 2 transferred, 1st beta=18, 2nd beta=12, 0 made it to blast to freeze)
IVF/ICSI#2:retrieval Nov'07, FET sched Jan'08, no embryos to transfer (23 usable eggs, 12 embies, 0 made it to transfer)
IVF/ICSI#3: retrieval Mar'08, FET May'08, BFN (13 usable eggs, 7 fertilized w/ DH sperm= 0 blasts, 6 fertlized w/ DS=3 blasts, all 3 transferred, 1st beta=74, 2nd beta=64, 3rd beta=42)
1st cycle IUI/clomid/donor sperm postponed due to lack of follicular growth on 100mg clomidx5days.

ana

mom to beautiful baby lia.
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-06-2008 - 4:41pm
Sounds like you have a lot to look forward to. And a good reason for me to make that apt I have been putting off- Between RE and TCM my weekly apts are full, but if Chiro could help even a little... Go for it.

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-06-2008 - 5:20pm
That sounds great Roman! Definitely keep us posted.

autumnstroll.jpg picture by mlaspinall31

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-06-2008 - 5:56pm

Sounds interesting. Sometimes nosiness isn't a bad thing.

KUP

Erin & Ryan Sig

me 24/DH 24/together since 10-30-2000/married since 8-12-2006/TTC #1 since August 2007/Dx primary hypopituitarism (since childhood, generally low hormones incl. hypothyroid and pituitary dwarfism - though I'm 5'2" after meds),

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-06-2008 - 9:26pm
I think that is so cool that she will try and help you. I would definatly like to know what her suggestions are. Let us know as you find out.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 10-07-2008 - 8:21am
My first appointment is on friday and I think I'm going to get as much info as possible from her and bring it back here. I think this will be so interesting to find out that there is yet another alternative to IF treatments. From the homework I've done so far I've found out that there are more and more studies being done linking BFPs from IF patients to chiropractics, they even did a study on a 65 year old woman that didn't have AF all her life b/c of a fall she had and she got an adjustment and poof, AF came back. There was also a woman, my age, same situation (low hormones, 1 MC) that got pregnant that same cycle. There was another woman (that kicked off the studies) that had IF for a long time and finally adopted through foster care, she went on a vaca and came back, got a spinal adjustment and got pregnant. So I'm totally looking forward to finding out more info on this, Like Terri said, lots of people go to a chiro but never thought it could help IF. I'm a bit nervous, I've never got adjusted and it looks pretty painful, but DH gets his knees worked on by her and says that she's so gentle. Hey maybe I'll talk to her to get her on a chat!
Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket

Pages