Are you Jealous?!?!

iVillage Member
Are you Jealous?!?!
Wed, 11-19-2008 - 9:00am

I meant to vent about this earlier, but I forgot.  So the other day my sister text me, "P asked me to be the twins godmother... Jealous?  Ha ha."  I know my sister didn't mean anything by it but I think it has a lot to do with the competative nature between the 4 of us kids.  Getting pregnant was a win for my brother because he did that first.  So of course I answered no because I feel more connected with my nephew who was just born then my brothers twins.  It really does make sense that she is going to be their God Mother.  But why did she have to say are you Jealous?  No I am not jealous of that!!  I am Jealous that they have children and I don't.  They are two completely different things. 

When my brother was complaining to me about his kids I took it for a little while but then I just got fed up and told him that if he didn't want them I would gladly take them.  That shut him up quickly and he hasn't complained to me since.  I pretty much tell anyone who complains about kids to me that now.  They usually shut up quickly and appologize.  Same with pregnant friends.  So I think I am going to talk to my sister about it.  Her and I are close BTW this is surrogacy sister.  ERRRRRR!! You think family would be better about things like this!!!

Photobucket

TTC TTC #1 since June 2006, Me 28 & DH 29, IVF #1 ICSI and AH ~ BFN, IVF #2 Jan, DX ~ DOR not POF, TTC w/ the assitance of Traditional Chinese Medicine  "To get through the hardest Journey we need to take only one step at a time, but we must keep on stepping." ~Chinese Proverb

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/1fb3c7

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket Free BlinkiesPhotobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucket

Photobucket

My Blog

Photobucket

Pages

iVillage Member
Wed, 11-19-2008 - 9:35am

Wow, that is a weird way of asking that?? I'm sure she didn't mean it that way. I get that kind of crap all the time, people just forget I guess. If one more of my friend's says something along the line of, "when you have kids it's x-y-z" whatever they are talking about. It always upsets me.

I hope your talk with her goes well. Sorry you had to deal with that!

Kelly

iVillage Member
Wed, 11-19-2008 - 9:40am
Thank you Kelly, my sister is normally good about these things but we are competative.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 11-19-2008 - 9:47am

(((HUGS))) Susan,

I am sure she didn't mean to say anything that would make you feel bad, but I do understand feeling bad even if the other person didn't mean anything by what they said. Keep your chin up!

Angela

Me 31, C 33. Together since 1994. TTC Since November 2006. Me-Low thyroid function, cystic ovaries but not PCOS....3 unmonitored cycles of Femara failed....RE/Urologist for C 12/1...deciding on

Angela

Me 32, C 34. Toge

iVillage Member
Wed, 11-19-2008 - 10:14am

Well, I had an MRI on Monday to see what my scarring looks like and to see once and for all if I have a septate uterus also. I'm waiting on my doctor to call. I'm feeling so down (as you saw in my other post about the shower). I thought I was going to be able to schedule my hysteroscopy this week but it doesn't look like that's going to happen and I'll have to wait yet another month.

I see you just started another cycle. Sorry to see that.

Kelly

iVillage Member
Wed, 11-19-2008 - 10:39am
Gigantic Hugs Kelly.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 11-19-2008 - 11:14am
Susan, my BIL said something similar to me. Before Mylie was born (she was the one I was there for) he said to DH "Bet you're jealous I'm having a baby and you're not". Well, YES I am, but I didn't jump on him at the time because he didn't know I was having problems. I told him later. But he's kinda the brain dead type anyway.
I'm sure she didn't mean anything but I would tell her things like that hurt. (((HUGS)))
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 11-19-2008 - 11:16am
Yup I had a big suprise yesterday, she was about 10 days early.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 11-19-2008 - 11:34am
Wow Susan, I would hope that she didn't mean anything by saying that.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 11-19-2008 - 11:46am

People just don't think about how what they say can make you feel.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 11-19-2008 - 11:48am
whoa, 10 days early! I hope they can tell you why. So frustrating, why don't our bodies work the way they're supposed to?

Kelly

Pages