Back from first RE visit

iVillage Member
Registered: 06-14-2008
Back from first RE visit
10
Wed, 11-19-2008 - 9:08pm
Went for initial consult with the RE today. I'm glad we decided to go because I think his approach will be much more aggressive and more what we need in order to get the BFP we've been looking for. He took some more labs, did an ultrasound and thinks we should do drugs to hyperstimulate ovulating to make sure I'm ovulating on the left side as long as all the labs come back normal. Then ultrasounds to monitor the ovulation and bd'ing (as long as semen analysis is ok). I like the fact that they monitor everything to make sure what we're trying is working which the obgyn doesn't really do. That's all for now - Now I'm just wondering how we pay for all of this!!!
iVillage Member
Registered: 05-20-2008
Wed, 11-19-2008 - 10:19pm
That is great that you have a plan, it feels so good to feel like you are moving again.
  

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Registered: 01-31-2008
Thu, 11-20-2008 - 9:11am
I'm glad you have a plan! And yes, it adds up, I just keep telling myself it will all be worth it if I can actually have a baby.

Kelly


iVillage Member
Registered: 06-28-2008
Thu, 11-20-2008 - 9:14am
Yay for plans.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Registered: 01-08-2008
Thu, 11-20-2008 - 10:32am
great to have a plan! i also think monitoring is so important...at least then you'll know if everything looks good! KUP!

ana


TTC since Sept '06. Diagnosed w/ PCOS, DH diagnosed with azoospermia Dec '06, TESA Mar '07
IVF/ICSI/AZH#1 Aug'07, BFN (6 usable eggs, 5 embies, 2 transferred, 1st beta=18, 2nd beta=12, 0 made it to blast to freeze)
IVF/ICSI#2:retrieval Nov'07 (w/ fresh TESA), FET sched Jan'08, no embryos to transfer (23 usable eggs, 12 embies, 0 made it to transfer)
IVF/ICSI#3: retrieval Mar'08, FET May'08, BFN (13 usable eggs, 7 fertilized w/ DH sperm= 0 blasts, 6 fertlized w/ DS=3 blasts, all 3 transferred, 1st beta=74, 2nd beta=64, 3rd beta=42)
1st cycle IUI/clomid/donor sperm postponed due to lack of follicular growth on 100mg clomidx5days.

ana

mom to beautiful baby lia.
iVillage Member
Registered: 10-31-2008
Thu, 11-20-2008 - 11:11am
Oh yes a plan.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Registered: 11-07-2008
Thu, 11-20-2008 - 4:29pm
I'm so glad to hear that you had a good consult with the RE.


Photobucket

iVillage Member
Registered: 06-14-2008
Thu, 11-20-2008 - 9:22pm
So I'm kind of irritated today. The nurse called and all labs came back ok except SA for DH. I'm thinking they shouldn't have done the SA yesterday at all because DH hadn't been abstaining and didn't have enough time to make a new batch. So basically, even though it came back low, I don't feel like I can trust the results. We didn't know they would be taking a sample that day so there was no abstaining and I'm sure that can affect the results right? So now I feel like there goes $150 right out the window for that. I really don't think he's got an issue seeing as how quickly we were able to get pregnant the first time. I feel very strongly that the issue at this time lies with me. Beyond that, the nurse stated the same thing and they were surprised it came back low. So, when they asked if he was willing to do that, they didn't ask him how long it had been or what. Now I sort of want to ask if they'll do another free of charge due to the lack of full disclosure on their part, is that wrong to ask? Otherwise they want us to go straight to IUI which I would rather not do if it's not needed. What do you think?
iVillage Member
Registered: 05-20-2008
Fri, 11-21-2008 - 8:53am
I would totally ask them if they could do it for free or at reduced cost.
  

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Registered: 10-31-2008
Fri, 11-21-2008 - 1:23pm
I would ask for a redo at their cost or reduced cost since you were neither told to abstain or asked how long since last.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Registered: 11-07-2008
Fri, 11-21-2008 - 6:17pm

The results can definitely be effected.


Photobucket