Frustrated

iVillage Member
Frustrated
Tue, 11-25-2008 - 7:29pm

I have to say I am so frustrated on so many things in this so called ttc journey.  I hope you don't mind if I vent.  First of all the last 2 months AF has shown up a few days early.  I used to be regular 27-28 days.  Last month it was more like 26, this month 25 days.  I don't think my RE has realized that.  On top of it I have long heavy cycles.  Both months I've had to call in to schedule appts when I started, certain tests he wanted to do on certain days.  I would think all of this would be in my charts.  I've noticed that when I/we get together he writes stuff down, and that is what he pulls out each time.  Not sure what and when he puts into a computer. 

This month I was going to have surgery to remove my fibroids that had to cancelled because my iron levels are extremely low.  Gee I wonder why.  Yes I do take iron, but not as much as I should have been.  Lately when I took it, it made me very sick.  In the past when I was low iron didn't make me sick.  I always take it on my heaviest days.  I'm mad because this is the first time any Dr. here has checked my iron levels, my last Dr. checked it 2x a year.  My RE thought I was taking it daily, I never said that I said I took it when I knew I needed it, by the way I felt.  Now that I have to take higher doses, I keep getting massive headches within a few hours.  He did switch me to another brand that doesn't make me sick.  I also wasn't completely realizing that the way I felt was due to low iron, the last few weeks I've dealt with a bad cold (thanks DH) and a flu like bug.  As far as anemic symptoms it has only been the last week that I have felt them.  Normally it takes a while for iron levels to drop, but because of these short cycles I've been having that I stated above, my levels could have easily dropped in a month.  It has happened.  For the surgery the RE put me on bcp to help with the lining of the uterus.  I only took it for one week and my cycle hasn't stopped yet (I'm past my normal days), but I have had cycles that lasted this long or longer.  So I'm trying to stay hopeful that it's just one of those months.  That also means missing O day, because I seem to O around day 14.  An RE I saw about 2 years ago said there is a chance I could still be Oing while on my cycle.  All this is due to my fibroids. 

I can understand why they won't do the surgery because of my low iron levels, but he also said he wouldn't due it unless my cycle has completely stopped.  When they scheduled it I kind of knew they were pushing it, I was thinking I hope I'm stopped by that day (normally I would be).  Well I've had the surgery done when I was bleeding (sorry TMI), one time no matter what my Dr. put me on I wouldn't stop.  The day of surgery I told the nurse who was preparing me and she said it wasn't a big deal, they've seen it all. 

So it looks like part of my ttc journey is being put on hold for few months.  It can take that long to buid back up the iron levels.  In the meantime when DH and I can BD we will. 

Dee

iVillage Member
In reply to: matv2122
Wed, 11-26-2008 - 9:24am
(((HUGS))) Dee!!!

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 11-26-2008 - 10:29am

Vent away Dee!

Kelly

iVillage Member
Wed, 11-26-2008 - 11:16am

hi dee,

(((hugs))) IF is so frustrating and difficult, and you end up being at the mercy of your RE. it sounds like his communication within the clinic and with you is not great. he may be a great RE, but i know for me it's important to know that RE has thought through the plan and that i understand what it is. i'm sorry you have to take a break from treatment, but i hope your anemia can stabilize and that your cycles do, as well. KUP!

ana

TTC since Sept '06. Diagnosed w/ PCOS, DH diagnosed with azoospermia Dec '06, TESA Mar '07. IVF/ICSI/AZH#1 Aug'07, BFN (6 usable eggs, 5 embies, 2 transferred, 1st beta=18, 2nd beta=12, 0 made it to blast to freeze). IVF/ICSI#2:retrieval Nov'07 (w/ fresh TESA), FET sched Jan'08, no embryos to transfer (23 usable eggs, 12 embies, 0 made it to transfer). IVF/ICSI#3: retrieval Mar'08, FET May'08, BFN (13 usable eggs, 7 fertilized w/ DH sperm= 0 blasts, 6 fertlized w/ DS=3 blasts, all 3 transferred, 1st beta=74, 2nd beta=64, 3rd beta=42). 1st cycle IUI/clomid/donor sperm postponed due to lack of follicular growth on 100mg clomidx5days.

ana

mom to beautiful baby lia.
iVillage Member
Wed, 11-26-2008 - 11:26am
Oh Dee!

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Thu, 11-27-2008 - 2:39am
Lots of (((HUGS))) for you Dee.

Photobucket