Ba Humbug!

iVillage Member
Ba Humbug!
Mon, 12-22-2008 - 9:09am

Here's a seasonal vent for all! Post your seasonal greivence followed by "Ba Humbug!"

Here goes...

For all the people who get their shopping done by Thanksgiving... Ba humbug!

For all the cheery people who don't understand that the holidays can be so hard because they remind you of something sad... Ba humbug!

For all the stupid warm rainy days and freezing cold dry days... Ba humbug!

Ok, now it's your turn! Join me in my Scrooginess!

Erin & Ryan Sig 500 posts

Goodbye

me 24/DH 24/together since 10-30-2000/married since 8-12-2006/TTC since August 2007/Dx primary hypopituitarism (since childhood, generally low hormones incl. hypothyroid and pituitary dwarfism - though I'm 5'2" after meds), PCOS, elevated testosterone/9/08 first round Clomid 50mg = BFP on 10/4, Baby passed at 8w2d, carried until 13w4d. Angel baby sent to heaven 12/9/08. Next cycle: 50mg Clomid.

Erin & Ryan Sig

Pages

iVillage Member
Mon, 12-22-2008 - 9:39am

For the long lines at the stores where the heat is cranked to 90 it seems like...Ba Humbug.

For C's SIL who is guaranteed to make some crack about how she doesn't like what we got her....Ba Humbug. She does it every year...whether we get her gift certificates, clothes, pajamas, candles....again Ba Humbug!
(On this one...with my attitude this year,

Angela

Me 32, C 34. Toge

iVillage Member
Mon, 12-22-2008 - 9:53am

Freezing bitter cold..... Ba Humbug!

To my BIL/SIL who gets Al a crappy gift (from his god daughter) instead of donating the $8 to charity like we asked.... Ba Humbug.

Photobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 12-22-2008 - 10:48am

Stupid freakin snow. I hate snow. I HATE IT I HATE IT I HATE IT. I think people who LOOOVE snow and cold weather are so strange. What in the world is there to enjoy? It doesn't help that I have Raynaud's disease, and the second I step outside my fingers and toes freeze and I can't move them without being in extreme pain.

I hate that the sun is never up in the morning and sets at like 4pm. What the heck?

I HATE that Christmas now seems to start the day after Halloween. People want to just skip over Thanksgiving completley. What the heck??

Photobucket
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 12-22-2008 - 12:34pm

So many of you took mine

Getting shopping done early Bah Humbug

The snow.. I don't know if I have what you have, Kristy, but the cold makes me feel the same way. I'm freezing most of the time, even in the summer.

My mom's friend, who has money, who gets us all some stupid gift from the dollar store. I use $ store gifts for stocking stuffers, not a main present. I'm not being greedy but it usually something like a school pencil set or pencil box.

This year it has to be family members who are pregnant. I have them on both sides so I don't want to go to anyones house but my mom's. When we go to DH's mom's his step-sister is preg, and in the same town my niece and nephew live there too. Both of them are expecting. AAARRRGGGG

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 12-22-2008 - 5:23pm

What a great idea!!

To all the people who send Christmas cards with pictures of their cute babies and kids, bah humbug! Don't they all know by now that I want that too, and it makes me sad everytime I am reminded of it!

To all the people who write "Have a wonderful holiday season" following a really heartfelt note about how crappy our year has been...don't they get it, this is NOT going to be a wonderful season for us! :( Bah humbug!

To my parents who said they pretty much only bought my new niece Christmas gifts, and nothing for anyone else...gee, how do you think that makes me and hubby feel? Bah humbug!

To anyone who implies that our current blessings should outweigh or make us forget about our previous losses and struggles...grr! Bah humbug!

That felt good!
Reba

Remembering o

iVillage Member
Mon, 12-22-2008 - 8:28pm

iVillage Member
Mon, 12-22-2008 - 9:36pm

For me self pitting myself so much

Karen S

Samantha Kelly ~i~ 7/31/07

iVillage Member
Mon, 12-22-2008 - 10:06pm
(((((((((HUGS)))))))))) Karen

Photobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 12-22-2008 - 10:48pm

For the dreaded why don't you two have kids yet question I am sure to get at Christmas Eve with DH's extended family...Ba Humbug!

For having to look at my pg cousin who will complain the entire time about hating being pg...Ba Humbug!

For the stupid photocards that everyone is sending to me Ba Humbug!

Photobucket

:) Jessica.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 12-22-2008 - 11:20pm

To all the people with there perfect little CHristmas Cards, with pics of there beautiful children, ba humbug!!

To all the crabby clerks at the store.....Ba Humbug to you too!!!

To the one side of my family that makes me feel broken.....ba humbug!!!

To the freezing cold weather ....ba Humbug!!!

And to my "friend" that sent me a christmas card announcing her pregnancy....Ba fricken humbug to you!!!!

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucket

Photobucket

Pages