How can church make you feel worse!

iVillage Member
How can church make you feel worse!
Thu, 12-25-2008 - 10:10am

Hello Ladies and Merry Christmas.  I was a little missing in action yesterday.  Baking my cookies, groceries... Church. 

Church was awefull.  I usually love to see the children preform, but yesterday I realized I might never be one of the parents taking pictures or practicing lines... The the priests homily was horrid!  He started out with Most of you here have children.... And the whole 10 minutes or so (felt like an hour) he talked about the joy of this and that and feeling at peace the day the baby was born... I was doing all I could not to run out of church.  The lady next to me was crying too so I didn't feel alone (although I don't know why she was crying).  I have never felt worse coming out of church than I did going into church.  DH looked at me shorty after the homily was over and said he was sorry and put his arm around me.  It was sweet, but made me want to cry more.  After church DH agreed with me that the homily "was pretty harsh".  I never thought I would ever leave church feeling worse than I did going in.  Church is usually my refuge- my source for strength.

Thanks for listening.  The rest of my Christmas eve and day are going very well.  I hope that yours are too.

Photobucket  

Photobucket Packer button   Photobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketcystsPhotobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucketBaby Dust

"Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see the shadows" - Helen Keller

DH and I are 33yo.  Been together since March 1994, Married in September 1999.  TTC since February 2002.  DX:  Graves Disease->hypothyroidism and functional ovarian cysts or unexplained ovarian dystfunction.  DH DX:  can seed an army. Currently: No Doctors!  Just acupuncture, diet, and good Ole Fashioned lovin.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Thu, 12-25-2008 - 12:28pm

*hugs* dear Terri!

Perhaps a chat with the priest would be in order? I'm sure he didn't know that his homily was offensive in any way and I'm sure he wouldn't want to make you feel unwelcome in your own church.

Plus you may have been sitting next to a kindred IF spirit. Maybe she would unknowingly appreciate you standing up for all of us IFers out there by talking to the priest in a private session.

*hugs* Christmas sucks this year. :(

Erin & Ryan Sig
Erin & Ryan Sig
iVillage Member
Thu, 12-25-2008 - 8:13pm
((((HUGS)))) Terri.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 12-25-2008 - 9:17pm
((((HUGS))))
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 12-26-2008 - 1:28am

(((HUGS))) sweet Terri.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 12-26-2008 - 10:46am

Thanks Ladies.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sat, 12-27-2008 - 10:29am

Ohh Terri, I am so sorry you had to experience that.

Remembering o

iVillage Member
Sat, 12-27-2008 - 12:38pm

(((hugs))) terri. not fair to find IF in a place of peace. last year when we went to in-laws' friends for passover, the whole seder was focused on rebirth and so much talk about a woman bearing children, etc, and that's why women are special. it was totally horrifying for me, and to make matters worse the passover the year before i had been so hopeful that i'd be pg the next yr.

i'm glad dh was so supportive, and hope the rest of the holiday went a little better!

ana

TTC since Sept '06. Diagnosed w/ PCOS, DH diagnosed with azoospermia Dec '06, TESA Mar '07. IVF/ICSI/AZH#1 Aug'07, BFN (6 usable eggs, 5 embies, 2 transferred, 1st beta=18, 2nd beta=12, 0 made it to blast to freeze). IVF/ICSI#2:retrieval Nov'07 (w/ fresh TESA), FET sched Jan'08, no embryos to transfer (23 usable eggs, 12 embies, 0 made it to transfer). IVF/ICSI#3: retrieval Mar'08, FET May'08, BFN (13 usable eggs, 7 fertilized w/ DH sperm= 0 blasts, 6 fertlized w/ DS=3 blasts, all 3 transferred, 1st beta=74, 2nd beta=64, 3rd beta=42). 1st cycle IUI/clomid/donor sperm postponed due to lack of follicular growth on 100mg clomidx5days.

ana

mom to beautiful baby lia.
iVillage Member
Sat, 12-27-2008 - 3:54pm

Oh Reba-

I am so grateful for the ladies on this board.

Photobucket