MIL does it again.....

iVillage Member
MIL does it again.....
Fri, 01-02-2009 - 8:46am

Ok so you might remember last week I got an email from MIL telling us she won't be up next weekend, bc she wants to be around for SIL labor.... Well DH was talking to other BIL and it turns out MIL is going to their house to celebrate christmas next weekend.  So she cancelled on us to go to the sibling with kids!  Now I am feeling even more second rate....

I was ready to forgive her for wanting to be home for SIL, bc she might be taking my Niece while SIL is in labor. But now to hear she is traveling just as far to see the other grandchildren!  Oh an they were just down there the weekend before christmas for nieces birthday! 

And my christmas gift from her sucked.  Hot pad/dish towel that doesn't even match my kitchen (I am particular about that and she knows it) and a pair of gloves (I already have a pair of black gloves that she bought 2 years ago).   She had my whole amazon book list, I would have loved just one $5 book.  Or nothing at all would have been fine now.  Anyone want a red hotpad set with a snowflake on it?  It doosn't match my burnt orange and musturd accented coffee house motif.

Photobucket  

Photobucket Packer button   Photobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketcystsPhotobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucketBaby Dust

"Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see the shadows" - Helen Keller

DH and I are 33yo.  Been together since March 1994, Married in September 1999.  TTC since February 2002.  DX:  Graves Disease->hypothyroidism and functional ovarian cysts or unexplained ovarian dystfunction.  DH DX:  can seed an army. Currently: No Doctors!  Just acupuncture, diet, and good Ole Fashioned lovin.

Photobucket

Pages

iVillage Member
Fri, 01-02-2009 - 9:07am

Hi Terri-

I'm sorry your MIL is not being thoughtful. It stinks when people don't realize how their actions affect us. It's hurtful. Maybe your DH can tell her in a nice way sometime that it hurt you guys' feelings. Or you may just decide it's not worth talking to her about it. I'm really sorry. I'd be upset too! Just plan to do something fun next weekend that will totally take your mind off of her. Maybe an additional accupuncture appointment or a pedicure or manicure or go see TWILIGHT!!

Me-30, DH newly 34, diagnosed with PCOS in Nov/Dec 2008. 3 Failed cycles of Clomid. (50mg, 100mg, 150mg) Started working with RE Nov 26. Asked for & started M

iVillage Member
Fri, 01-02-2009 - 9:30am

Hi Kitty,

Thanks for the hugs.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 01-02-2009 - 10:28am

Terri,

Sorry to hear about your MIL...that just sucks.

TTC #2 (For #1: Did 5 failed rounds of clomid and 3 failed IUIs; conceived on own first month after stopping meds)

March-Oct 2008 (tried on own..all BFN

iVillage Member
Fri, 01-02-2009 - 10:32am

OMG

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 01-02-2009 - 1:43pm
(((HUGS))) Terri, That just sucks!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 01-02-2009 - 4:49pm
Hugs Terri! I agree with Kitty, maybe DH could clue her in to how thoughtless she is acting.

Kelly

iVillage Member
Fri, 01-02-2009 - 6:24pm

( ( ( ( H U G S ) ) ) ) I'm sorry about your MIL. I have an aunt who can't stand me anymore (long story) and she gets the most stupidest thing for me for X-mas. That's the only time I hear from her. This year she gave me a stuffed mouse, WTH??? It's standing up, has pink shoes and is holding a wand. I have no idea what it's for. I'd rather her not get me anything than the useless stuff she picks. What goes on in people's heads???

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 01-02-2009 - 7:39pm

Terri:

I'm so sorry. What a stupid thing to do (not to mention insensitive). How does your DH (with emphasis on dear) deal with her when she is so insensitive?

Take care and I'm, thinking of you,

Gabrielle

IVF 1# ICSI & AH-BFN

Waiting for DH to come home to try again!

In the meantime, herbs and prayers

Check out my fertility blogs at http://soldierinstirrups.blogspot.com/

Franklin and Callan

iVillage Member
Fri, 01-02-2009 - 10:47pm

Man!

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sat, 01-03-2009 - 1:49pm

Thanks

Photobucket

Pages