Needing encouragment

iVillage Member
Needing encouragment
Sat, 01-03-2009 - 8:47pm
I am new to the board so please excuse my lack of abbreviations! My husband and I were praying for a Christmas miracle that I don't think is coming true. I was taking Clomid, had 2 follies, 52 million sperm post wash, and an IUI on Christmas eve. Today is day 25 and the EPT was negative. I know that I could possibly still be pregnant but I am starting to cramp so I think the inevitable is going to happen. I know technically I am just starting my road with infertility, but for me, we have been trying for a year and a half and I have had 1 10w miscarraige and 2 chemical preganancies and am ready for this journey to come to a close so that I can focus my energy on keeping the pregnancy to term (had 26w boy 02/28/06). Is there anyone with undiagnosed infertility who has had success with IUI? Am I being crazy for being sad and disappointed when I don't technically know?
iVillage Member
Sat, 01-03-2009 - 10:48pm

Hi mlc_monteith, Welcome to the board,

First let me tell you that I am so sorry to hear about your losses.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sat, 01-03-2009 - 11:03pm

Big hugs and welcome. I am so sorry for your losses.

You are definitely not being crazy for how you are feeling. I think we all feel that way from time to time. I just had the conversation with my DH tonight about "what if it never happens?" and we just started ttc again after a corrective surgery on my uterus. Fact is this is very difficult to go through. I am so glad I found this board because it is like finally finding people who understand what this is like. People IRL (in real life:) are constantly telling me to "relax" and "it will happen" and they really don't know that.

Kelly

iVillage Member
Sun, 01-04-2009 - 8:34am

Hello and welcome:

I think you will find that the women on this board totally understand the frustration of infertility. It is such a cruel thing. For me, the worse thing is feeling betrayed by my body and then when I think I am right about something, my body shows me how wrong I can be...I agree with Grace who said she wishes she could look into the future so she could just relax or (in my case, make other plans like adoption). I'm 39, (40 in 3 weeks) and have never been pg and am right now experiencing a weird cycle). I've never been pregnant and think the possibility of the two pink lines are getting further away.... In your case, I think day 25 DPO is too early to test accurately but you know your body better than any one. I will keep my fingers crossed for a + outcome.

Best wishes,
Gabrielle

IVF 1# ICSI & AH-BFN

Waiting for DH to come home to try again!

In the meantime, herbs and prayers

Check out my fertility blogs at http://soldierinstirrups.blogspot.com/

Franklin and Callan

iVillage Member
Sun, 01-04-2009 - 10:40am

First of all, WELCOME!!!

TTC #2 (For #1: Did 5 failed rounds of clomid and 3 failed IUIs; conceived on own first month after stopping meds)

March-Oct 2008 (tried on own..all BFN

iVillage Member
Sun, 01-04-2009 - 8:18pm
Hello and welcome!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 01-04-2009 - 9:38pm
I think all of you hit the nail on the head, and Grace put it in great words that if I knew that I would get pregnant or not, then I would be fine. With everyone's responses, you have all encouraged me to wait until Wednesday to test again. I have never talked to women, since the NICU, that understand my feelings of inadequacy. My body failed four of my children. That is something my mind can logically dismiss, but it is a hard pill for my heart to swallow. My son suffered through 11 weeks of the NICU because I couldn't carry him the whole way, and three babies have lost their lives because my body failed them. I feel like my life is on hold, and the worst part is that I can't decide what is real in my own body.
iVillage Member
Sun, 01-04-2009 - 10:29pm
I

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 01-05-2009 - 9:15am

Welcome to the board.

Photobucket