DH is frustrated

iVillage Member
DH is frustrated
Mon, 01-05-2009 - 5:05pm

So I know this is the only place that someone will understand!

DH got pretty upset with me the other day. I've been taking a bunch of estradiol (can u say moody?), not working and generally bummed as I passed my EDD, my bday and the holidays. I made some comments to him about this year being so awful and that nothing good happened. Didn't think much of it, but I think he was getting really frustrated with me. He finally told me the other night that he feels like he is being a bad husband b/c he can't fix things for me, and he thinks that I'm not going to be happy about anything until I have a baby in my arms. He asked me if that was the only thing I thought I needed in my life.

I was kind of surprised at the time, but looking back, I can understand where he is coming from. He married this happy-go-lucky person who has just been missing since my miscarriage. I realized that I need to try my best to move on. Hopefully I've seen my last operating room for a while and that will help, 4 trips into there in one year is just too much stress. And I think that getting past my EDD will help improve my mood. Plus all the preggies here at work are gone so I don't have to see belly rubbing for a while at least. Time to stop feeling bad for myself.

I guess that's it, just needed to get it off my mind. Thanks for listening.

Kelly

ttc#1, got bfp in April '08, missed miscarriage, 1st d&c June 6, 2nd d&c Aug 1, hysteroscopy on Aug 20, methotrexate on Aug 26th.  Diagnosed with Asherman's Syndrome on September 19th.  Hysteroscopy scheduled for December 18th!  

Photobucket

Photobucketlove husband blinkiegodgiveushealthybaby.gif image by DawnNJohn1020Nottooold.gif

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/1fcb51

Kelly

iVillage Member
Mon, 01-05-2009 - 5:28pm

(((HUGS)))

On the one hand I can see where he is coming from. He wants to feel like he is all you need. And sadly for a woman that's not always true. Men don't have that instinct driving them to procreate. They have a drive for sex but not for babies. Survival of the species, but it sucks relationship wise. It's important to let him know that of course you need him and love him and that will never change. It's hard to describe to a man the longing we feel to have kids because they don't feel it. Try not to blame yourself for that, because it's something he doesn't understand and it's not either of your faults. Moving on is healthy, but take it one day at a time. I lost my little bean 3 years ago and I still feel very sad and empty on my EDD. Don't get down on yourself for not being all better right away. You will be back to your old smiling self, but don't rush it and suppress the bad feelings. It's ok to feel bad. I wish you the best of luck getting back to normal and being able to move on!

Me: Amy, not TTC/MC 2005/NFP method showed no O some months/Finally O in December!/Dx with PCOS December 2008/starting Metformin January 2009

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket