Another month and unsure what to so next

iVillage Member
Another month and unsure what to so next
Wed, 01-07-2009 - 8:16pm

Well I did not even make it the 2ww before AF showed.  I am really struggling with it this month.  Last month I was pretty positive that I was not pg no symptoms or anything, this month I was really hopeful I had what I thought was minor symptoms and I started thinking that I might be.  I am starting to feel extremely depressed and unsure what we should do.  I am very blessed to have 1 DD but I long for a sibling for her but I am not sure how much more I can take.  My DH is not a very open and really does not talk to me to much about how he feels which is putting a big stress on the marriage.  I feel like a failure as a wife not being able to give him children but while I have issues fertility wise he has an extremely low count so he plays a big factor in our situation too.  We have spent so much money on tx this year because our ins pays for nothing and I have gone through 2 mc in the past year and emotionally and financially I just feel at my final straw.  I tried therapy early this year but the Dr I saw was not at all experienced with IF issues and it was not beneficial at all.  Does anyone ever feel like giving up?  How do we ever know when you should stop?  I am just not sure I have the strength for the emotional roller coaster anymore.

Deanna

TTC #2, 3 m/c prior to successful birth 2002. Multi cycles w/ Clomid no success, clomid with IUI 10/2007 m/c 12/2007.  Injectible with IUI 8/2008 m/c 10/2008.  Clotting facor, no regular ovulation and DH low count. 

Deanna

TTC #2, 3 m/c prior to successful birth 2002. Multi cycles w/ Clomid no success, clomid with IUI 10/2007 m/c 12/2007.  Injectible with IUI 8/2008 m/c 10/2008.  Clotting facor, no regular ovulation and DH low count. 

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-07-2009 - 8:30pm

Oh Deanna, I am so sorry.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 01-07-2009 - 8:36pm
Thanks Jessica, we took a 3month break last summer and got a BFP the first cycle back so maybe it is what we need.

Deanna

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-07-2009 - 9:27pm

(((HUGS))) Deanna

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Thu, 01-08-2009 - 10:24am

Hi Deanna,

((HUGS)).

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Thu, 01-08-2009 - 11:00am
I'm sorry. I know how you feel. I am also at the point where I want to give up. DH and I have been on a TTC break for a while now, but the urge to procreate is always there. Right now we are trying to put away as much money as possible for either IVF or adoption. We also don't have help from insurance so we are drained from that on top of this being a tough year. DH doesn't like to talk about his feelings either. It has taken a long time for me to understand that just because he doesn't vocalize what he is thinking, doesn't mean that he isn't thinking about it. I try to leave him alone and not push the subject too much, but there are times when I need to vent and I want a response! I sat down with him a few weeks ago after a minor breakdown and explained to him in detail what I need him to do for me- listen, respond honestly even if it isn't the answer that I want, participate, be patient. In return, I promised to try not to get so angry and accept his feelings and opinions more openly. We are trying hard to stay sane, but stopping this altogether has come up. I started to search for IF support groups because there are things that only women can understand and this is the best group for me. Hang in there. IF there is one thing that I have found, these women know their stuff!
iVillage Member
Thu, 01-08-2009 - 11:23am
I'm sorry Deanna. It is completely understandable that you are feeling this way. Maybe a break will help you stay out of the stress for a little time. We are here for you. I think we've all felt like giving up at one point or another and can understand. Big Hugs to you.

Kelly

iVillage Member
Fri, 01-09-2009 - 4:02pm

Deanna, ((((((HUGS)))))) I'm so sorry to hear about AF showing.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-14-2009 - 3:45pm
I'm so sorry Deanna!

Melissa

About me ~ Me - 31, DH- 31, DH and I have been together since April 1